SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig , ar 15 or colt ar rifle??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig , ar 15 or colt ar rifle?? Login/Join 
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted
Guys,
I dont neeed a ar,but they have got so low in price,i am realy thinking about buying one.I have a new psa upper,no bcg or handle.

Would you get the complete lower psa for about 200,
or get a sig 400?
I really have always liked the colt 6920 and see them down to about 700 to 750 if i really shop.

Gun is just for plinking,and having a ar to take to the range once in a while.

I can get a ruger for about 450.00

What would you ar experts advise as to a reliable,well built ar?

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Colt

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
The Colt LE6920 has long been the gold standard. Many a factory AR has been measured against it. With a Colt you're buying a name, a legacy and quality built AR-15. With say a Sig M400 you're also getting a quality platform which has been put to the test by many law enforcement professionals. In my opinion you cannot go wrong. Now is the time to buy.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Despite the fact that prices never seem to drop on SIG rifles, I'm not entirely sure that all that many people actually buy them.

Grab the Colt. You can always buy a PSA lower or the parts to assemble a PSA lower cheaply at one point or another in the future.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
I agree sig pro's, as much as colt has been bashed for what has happened with there company,there sales,marketing,etc,the 6920 is the gun you see mentioned the most as the most gun for the money in todays prices.

I should get a couple extra at these prices.

I missed my bitcoin buy in.In 2010,a 1000 dollar buy of bitcoin is worth a million today.

10,000 is ten million.And in hindsight,all of us would be worth a couple billion.

I treasure my faith,family and friends at my age as much as anything.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that the Ruger is a bargain. A LGS has them for $499 right now. And they don't feel cheaply made. I almost got one and would have if it wasn't the holiday season and I have other financial obligations. But I thoroughly endorse the Sig 400. I love mine. Everything on it is perfectly fitted and the enhancements Sig made are most welcome. I think I paid just under $850 for it on gunbroker and it was worth every penny.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Colt.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Colt

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3639 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
If you are only going to have one, then its hard to beat a Colt in the safe. Consider it your proper SHTF rifle.

Id pick the Smith Sport II over the Ruger if you are going cheap.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Well, I'd probably sell the PSA upper since you'd need the lower, bcg, etc. to get it going and use those extra funds toward an affordable Colt.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarandGuy:
The Colt LE6920 has long been the gold standard. Many a factory AR has been measured against it. With a Colt you're buying a name, a legacy and quality built AR-15.
<SNIP>

That pretty much sums it up ... I cut the quote short because the first 3 sentences is all you need to know and the rest is irrelevant.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I would say sig, but I love my bushmaster. Lil bastard runs great for me.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are quite a few good choices but I am a fan of BCM rifles.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Colt!

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2190 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
I have one of each, plus a PSA build...I like my Colt LE6920 much better than the others, but the you can't go wrong with a SIG, they are nice.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
SIG is not getting another penny of mine for one of their rifles. Sure, they are good shooters. But the lack of aftermarket support, the gen 2 crap, proprietary parts, abandonment of products, and their astounding unwillingness to sell even the most basic spare parts is infuriating.

I’m gonna hang on to my 516, and enjoy shooting it, but no more SIG rifles for me. I wouldn’t recommend buying one.

Get a Colt, or any other standard AR. My last one was an Aero Precision that I built. Love that gun!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
SIG is not getting another penny of mine for one of their rifles. Sure, they are good shooters. But the lack of aftermarket support, the gen 2 crap, proprietary parts, abandonment of products, and their astounding unwillingness to sell even the most basic spare parts is infuriating.
<SNIP>

Ditto ... I like my 716, 551,552,553 and 556's and won't be selling them any time soon, but I'm not considering any more SiG's for the same reasons. I almost traded for a gorgeous 220 last weekend at the fun show (and I really liked it) but didn't because of the recent business practices of SiG.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Sorry if I caused some thread drift. tuumunz, let us know what you end up buying.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1 - Colt 6920
2 - Smith and Wesson sport 2
3 - Ruger
4 - All 3.

I'd go with all 3. I can't imagine them ever being cheaper. You can't go wrong with any of those picks. Really. The Ruger has a 1 in 8 twist vs the S&W 1 in 9, but the S&W has a lifetime warrenty and "Armornite® Barrel Finish" which gives it the egde to me as I live in a wet environment.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
I thought about picking up a Colt 6920 too but am kind of confused. Some places ie Gunbroker some of them marked as 2013 for some reason. Did they change them for better or worse after this date, structurally or cosmetically?

Posts: 1537 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post