SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Tikka T3 Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka T3 Hunter Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Happy New Year to me.

My favorite pawn shop had this on the wall and really wanted to sell it in 2016. So I helped.

Tikka T3 Hunter, .243 Win. with a Leupold Rifleman 3-9x50 on it.

Haven't shot it yet, but looking forward to the chance.

We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled. - Kevin D. Williamson, 2012

Posts: 7923 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats, that will be a real tackdriver. Great deer or predator rifle.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 10800 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
I have two T3 Hunters, one in 30.06 and one in 6.5x55. They are the best bang for the buck out there. I have Talley rings on the .06 and the stock rings on the 6.5 swede. Mags are expensive.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 2811 | Location: Purchase, NY/CVG | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Lights out for any deer within 400 yards. My two Tikkas are nothing short of spectacular. Daughter took her first deer this year with the 6.5x55 and I have a 270 WSM that has killed (DRT) everything I pointed it at with laser precision.

I had a T3 Hunter in 223 with 1/8 twist that I wish I still had. Sold it so I could purchase a P220 but wish that I hadn't, though if I hadn't, I might never have found you guys Eek

Welcome to the club and there are sure to me more to come.

Posts: 896 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Had a T3 a few years ago, it would shoot an inch or better with about any ammo you crammed in it, 308
Foolishly let it go

Picked up a Sako A7 last month, thread on here somewhere, first time out all 3 holes touching at 100 yards

Posts: 2102 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Nice!

My buddy just picked up a Tikka Laminated Stainless in 270 Win, it's a beautiful rifle. We got his scope mounted up this weekend, excited to see how it shoots.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

-Vince Lombardi

Posts: 2033 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Nice. That should be a solid, accurate, predictable gun. The T3 always gets good reviews without exception.

NRA Range Safety Officer, Distinguished Expert Shotgun Pistol
Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of Gunsmithing
2 Guns short of never having enough

Posts: 5610 | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Lots of Tikkas on here.
Got my T3x Stainless in .270 for Christmas & should be ordering a scope for it this week.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Those are really good shooters. They all have good triggers, very nice actions, and much better than average accuracy.

If I were in the market for a bolt gun, the Tikkas would be at the top of the list.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 42939 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have one in .308 and .338 federal. Nice rifles.

Posts: 397 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
Picture of apprentice
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great deal (I assume). You can expect exceptional accuracy especially if you reload for it.

------------------------------
"...and we liked it!"

Posts: 5567 | Location: North Idaho | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post