SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR upper build/rebuild
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR upper build/rebuild Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
I am going to switch my Rock River A2 Service Rifle barrel onto an A4 receiver. At the same time I will install the new style handguard legal for CMP.

Does anyone have an exploded parts view and directions of the handguard attachment that is not the GI/delta ring illustration? The tube type or cage type illustration is what I need

Anybody want the A2 NM upper receiver and handguard? Sight/gasblock too.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
God help you if they used the same purple heat resistant adhesive on the threads that they used on my Predator Pursuit barrel.
Of course it was free floated with a tube hand guard, but just in case FYI they don't usually assemble their stuff with the DIY guy in mind.
Which can be both good & bad.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
How much are you asking for the A2 upper receiver? I'm interested in building a retro 20" barreled rifle.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I am getting inquiries about the A2 upper receiver. Let me get the project underway before we get to that point.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
converted one a few years ago,

I did not have to separate the float tube from the nut, fortunately, since I had a modified GI barrel wrench (opened up for a very heavy profile barrel job years ago) that fit it ,

and fortunately, the new lower indexed perfectly, so the gas tube lined up, (shoulda bought a lotto ticket that day)

my float tube was the kind that used a barrel nut similar to a USGI barrel nut, with a collar or extension that was threaded on the front part,
the tube screwed on to that extension

not sure if this will help, but it shows a bit about how it is installed

http://www.compasslake.com/ind..._info&products_id=96

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post