posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
The new Surefire dual fuel M600 Scout is pretty sweet. 1500 lumens.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use surefire exclusively on serious guns. I normally use the scout versions as I want white and IR light. These are a bit long for very short forends so I have gone with the X300 version on a couple of guns. I think its about as compact a setup as you can make work.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Tape switches are garbage, failure points.

Use a Surefire scout 300 with an Arisaka mount, and use the stock tailcap switch.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
X300V or U at 12 o'clock, tried but hate tape switches. I'll use smaller scouts at 10:30 but again use the tailcap.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Surefire mini with their dual switch. Can zip tie it down. I use it on a few rifles including my work rifle. If not that, then an x series at 12 or offset is my preferred.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

OK on the second point. But its not a new failure point. All lights have a switch system. I've had dozens of surefire lights and never seen a pressure switch fail. But of course I have seen a tailcap switch fail.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

Use a Surefire scout 300 with an Arisaka mount, and use the stock tailcap switch.

You still have the tail cap switch if the tape switch fails.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I also admit I find tape switches uncomfortable to use - I prefer the forward pressure with my thumb to some of the Surefire Tapeswitch solutions I’ve tried.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blfuller
posted Hide Post
I have the Streamlight PROTAC® RAIL MOUNT HL-X LONG GUN LIGHT that is dual fuel as well. It is 1000 lumens. It is reasonably priced and a lifetime warranty.

Posts: 229 | Location: Eastern Washington State (dry side) | Registered: May 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blfuller:
I have the Streamlight PROTAC® RAIL MOUNT HL-X LONG GUN LIGHT that is dual fuel as well. It is 1000 lumens. It is reasonably priced and a lifetime warranty.

I use these on range guns and Surefire on my home defense guns.....not because I think one light is superior to the other but because the pressure pad on the Streamlight is shit compared to the Surefire switch.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
You should also consider getting a Cloud Defensive pressure pad mount. Slowly getting them for all my light bearing rifles that have pressure pads.

Ive fond that on the pistol and SBR, I prefer the tail cap over the pressure pad.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post