https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/3200031844

October 09, 2018, 07:45 PM
dwd1985
Null
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,
October 09, 2018, 09:09 PM
dry-fly
The new Surefire dual fuel M600 Scout is pretty sweet. 1500 lumens.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
October 09, 2018, 09:25 PM
hrcjon
I use surefire exclusively on serious guns. I normally use the scout versions as I want white and IR light. These are a bit long for very short forends so I have gone with the X300 version on a couple of guns. I think its about as compact a setup as you can make work.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
October 09, 2018, 09:32 PM
bubbatime
Tape switches are garbage, failure points.

Use a Surefire scout 300 with an Arisaka mount, and use the stock tailcap switch.

October 09, 2018, 09:43 PM
RHINOWSO
X300V or U at 12 o'clock, tried but hate tape switches. I'll use smaller scouts at 10:30 but again use the tailcap.
October 09, 2018, 09:51 PM
smpsmp
Surefire mini with their dual switch. Can zip tie it down. I use it on a few rifles including my work rifle. If not that, then an x series at 12 or offset is my preferred.
October 09, 2018, 10:34 PM
hrcjon
quote:

OK on the second point. But its not a new failure point. All lights have a switch system. I've had dozens of surefire lights and never seen a pressure switch fail. But of course I have seen a tailcap switch fail.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
October 10, 2018, 06:17 AM
SgtGold
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

Use a Surefire scout 300 with an Arisaka mount, and use the stock tailcap switch.

You still have the tail cap switch if the tape switch fails.

October 10, 2018, 01:45 PM
RHINOWSO
I also admit I find tape switches uncomfortable to use - I prefer the forward pressure with my thumb to some of the Surefire Tapeswitch solutions I’ve tried.
October 17, 2018, 10:22 AM
blfuller
I have the Streamlight PROTAC® RAIL MOUNT HL-X LONG GUN LIGHT that is dual fuel as well. It is 1000 lumens. It is reasonably priced and a lifetime warranty.
October 18, 2018, 06:31 AM
WARPIG602
quote:
Originally posted by blfuller:
I have the Streamlight PROTAC® RAIL MOUNT HL-X LONG GUN LIGHT that is dual fuel as well. It is 1000 lumens. It is reasonably priced and a lifetime warranty.

I use these on range guns and Surefire on my home defense guns.....not because I think one light is superior to the other but because the pressure pad on the Streamlight is shit compared to the Surefire switch.

October 18, 2018, 06:34 AM
WARPIG602
You should also consider getting a Cloud Defensive pressure pad mount. Slowly getting them for all my light bearing rifles that have pressure pads.

Ive fond that on the pistol and SBR, I prefer the tail cap over the pressure pad.