SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Finally strayed from AR and bought a big fish, errr....I mean, SCAR 17S
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally strayed from AR and bought a big fish, errr....I mean, SCAR 17S Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
from 2Adefender, with Geissele Super SCAR trigger, 10 factory mags, plus several accessories, in excellent condition. The man took great care of his stuff, which I greatly appreciate. Haven't shot it, but 2 things immediately stood out. It's a light gun for a .308 battle rifle. And, the trigger is super sweet. For eventual scope, I'm leaning toward the Trijicon AccuPower 1-8x28. Where are deals for this? $1123 at euro optic sounds good?

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
If you go that route, I'll get you one at cost. Shoot me an email if intersted. Save you about 100.00 bucks. Or if you want to save a little more, I can make you a deal on a clean one owner Smile

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
A lot of SCAR17s popping up around here.

Must...resist...urge...

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
If you go that route, I'll get you one at cost. Shoot me an email if intersted. Save you about 100.00 bucks. Or if you want to save a little more, I can make you a deal on a clean one owner Smile

WP - You are a good guy in my book. Do not care what others say....Haha Wink ....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I kept out of the 308 battle rifle game for many years. My last 308 battle rifle was an HK91 with all of the trimmings. Very heavy.

Then the SCAR17s hit the scene. Very light! I just had to have one. Since then, I've never looked back.

Congratulations, enjoy yours, 12131!

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Congrats! You'll love it.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

WP - You are a good guy in my book. Do not care what others say....Haha Wink ....Mark

What the others say is so true though Big Grin

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Man, I saw that thread and was stoked for you. Nice score. Now that you're in the FN club and have a "big fish," you need a tactical tuna to go with it. Wink

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
One of the best SCAR accessories sites on the web. you can spend a lot on their site real fast though. Wink

http://www.parkermountainmachine.com/

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Enjoy that Belgian beauty, brother.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
So, are the black ones or the FDE ones more accurate?

Razz

Nice looking rifle.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
So, are the black ones or the FDE ones more accurate?

Razz

Nice looking rifle.

Black is more accurate, FDE more reliable in harsh conditions. Wink

Love it! The SCAR 17 is about the only thing that would pull me away from the AR platform as well (at least in 7.62). Great modern battle rifle!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Nice score. I’ve had several Scars 2-16’s and 1-17. I’ve kept the 17. Can’t see losing it.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
I’ve kept the 17. Can’t see losing it.
Agreed - I have an SBR'ed 16 and am never selling it, but the 17 is the real gem IMO.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
An SBR'ed 16. Tell me more.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty straightforward - bought a SCAR 16 FDE with the 16" barrel, then Form 1'ed it and had it cut down to 10.5" by Marvin Pitts of Nefarious Arms - OEM FN SBR length is 10", but I wanted a bit more length for suppressor use (and OEM short barrels hadn't been released when this all went down).

Only real work was changing out the GCS (Gas Control Screws) to ensure enough gas was being ported for the piston with the shorter length barrel - it's a bit trial and error but easy, just replacing small screws with a hole in it until you get the function you like with the ammo you like, both suppressed and unsuppressed.

It's a great rifle, but compared to an SBR'ed AR15, it's heavier and a bit more bulky due to the SCAR being designed more for 762x51 than optimized for 556x45. Runs like a beast and really can be abused, no cleaning or lube required really - of course it needs those but not anything like an AR15.

Also when suppressed you get zero gas to the face.

Several year old photo, it has an Aimpoint Pro on it now and several other small changes, but you get the idea.

Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Nice purchase, 12131! If putting on an optic I recommend also getting an angled charging handle. I have one on mine and it saves the knuckles.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook 84:
If putting on an optic I recommend also getting an angled charging handle. I have one on mine and it saves the knuckles.
+1, it's a requirement.

posted Hide Post
Congrats Q !!

I really enjoy my Scar series of rifles. I shot my buddies 17 and knew I had to have one. The 16 followed soon after but as others have said the 17 is the real gem !

You are already ahead having the Geissele Super Scar trigger installed. For me it was a must have. Lots of other cool parts to add on out there. As posted Parker Mountain Machine have lots of great bits.

Keep us posted on its journey...………. Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post