SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Question about Magpul handguard and mounting accessories
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Magpul handguard and mounting accessories Login/Join 
Picture of cooger
posted
I have a magpul handguard on one rifle and I bought an Mlok AFG and an Mlok rail piece to mount a light on. When I tried putting the rail piece on I noticed a problem. It looks like my rail is a legacy rail that does not have the Mlok slots.

I think I need the adapter kit magpul sells to mount the two pieces to the handguard. This is what I think I need

Magpul adapter kit

Am I correct in my research and will I need two adapter sets since I'm mounting two things or will one kit be enough for both. Thanks

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:
I have a magpul handguard on one rifle and I bought an Mlok AFG and an Mlok rail piece to mount a light on. When I tried putting the rail piece on I noticed a problem. It looks like my rail is a legacy rail that does not have the Mlok slots.

I think I need the adapter kit magpul sells to mount the two pieces to the handguard. This is what I think I need

Magpul adapter kit

Am I correct in my research and will I need two adapter sets since I'm mounting two things or will one kit be enough for both. Thanks

This is the handguard I have:

As you can see there is a gap and the holes don't line up quite right.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Cooger...I've got two Magpul five slot polymer MOE rail sections for the older MOE handguards (not M-Lok)...one is new in the package and one used...you are welcome to them if you want them...just let me know...my email address is in my profile.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post