SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    26-Round 12 Gauge: Benelli M2 XRail
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

26-Round 12 Gauge: Benelli M2 XRail Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted
This would be a good self defense house gun for close quarters. While it is custom made, it has been around for some time and custom made for various shotguns but is now concentrated on the Benelli M2 shotgun. While expensive, does anyone have one of these or has shot one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...ue=141&v=U4FsUtU3EdM

A 26-Round 12 Gauge: Benelli M2 XRail
by Clay Martin on October 6, 2017

What would you think if I asked you about a Benelli M2 with a 26 round capacity? Work of science fiction? Only if micro mini shells have been introduced? Did I smoke rock this morning? Such a thing exists and it’s brought to you by our friends at Roth Concept Innovations (RCI).

Necessity Drives Invention

The Xrail system has actually been around for a few years, I remember seeing them on the 3 Gun circuit as early as 2011. Mark Roth, the inventor, is a friend and prolific competitor. For the shooters in “Open” Class in 3 Gun, there is no limit on capacity, which gave you two options before if you wanted a chance at winning. First was a magazine fed shotgun, all of which have proven to be unreliable to date. Second, was a system of tubular speedloaders, which allowed you to reload 8 at once. Roth had another thought. What if you just never needed to reload? Thus the Xrail was born.

SPECS

Gauge: 12
Capacity: 25+1 rds.; or 24+1 rds.
Weight: 9 lbs. empty; 11.4 lbs. loaded with 26 rds. of birdshot
Barrel Length: 21 in.
Overall Length: 42.5 in.

During testing the author ran Federal Premium target loads, slugs and some miscellaneous rounds. The RCI XM2XI ran flawlessly. XRail advises shooters to run higher-quality premium rounds that travel 1,235 to 1,300 fps.

Design Details

In concept, the Xrail is relatively simple. Execution, well, I am glad my life doesn’t depend on my engineering skills to make one. In place of the normal magazine tube is four rotating tubes. These are housed in an aluminum shell, giving you something to hold onto. As one tube goes empty, with the last shell moving onto the shell lifter, the drum rotates to the next slot, and your shotgun feeds without a hiccup. It’s ingenious, and most importantly, it works.

The Xrail was available for many years as a bolt on. Shooters could simply unscrew the magazine cap and slide on the XRail. However, in 2018, it will only be available as an integrated part of a Benelli M2 in RCI’s package: RCI XM2XI. A solid move in my opinion. The M2 has proven to be one, if not the, most reliable semiautomatic shotguns around. In my testing of Federal birdshot loads, buckshot, slugs, and random nonsense 12 gauge I had laying around the house, I experienced zero malfunctions.

Continued here:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/bl...ge-benelli-m2-xrail/

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! I had no idea something like this existed. I'd like to have one - just a little out of my price range at the moment. Smile

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Had me foaming at the mouth till I saw the 3399.99 price tag WOW.
Cool though.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Tony Galazan designed and manufactured this 16 shot pump. He thought he's bring them in for $995 but thet are a little more @ $1395. I've handled one and it's pretty badass.

http://www.stdgun.com/dp-12-do...barrel-pump-shotgun/

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Sweet.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Good upper body workout I guess. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Too bad it won't fit my Bennelli m4 but for the price I can just buy a couple more m4s and switch off

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
An M4 with that sort of capacity would be pretty slick.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A tad muzzle heavy I would guess.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with an AR for HD, thank you very much. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
At $3k you could buy 3 KSGs & have 42 rounds with some $ left over to feed them.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
They have custom make them for other shotguns. Just check Utube.

I think the price will come down if they start to mass produce them. They have probably spent a lot of money refining it and working out the bugs.

There goes that covey of quail. Wink

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you need 26 rounds of 12 ga for home defense yoyu might want to consider moving.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Me likey. Big Grin Me wanty. Smile Can't afford it. Frown

From a technical and engineering standpoint, it is a beautiful piece of work. I don't know what practical application there would be for one though.

If you're fighting off brown bear in the north woods, and you need 26 rounds of 3" 1oz slugs, you're doing it wrong.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a lot of scratch. The 25 round drums for the Vepr 12's go for $ 100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRy5jkmLr8E

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I thought you could buy just the unit for like $650? No more?

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
If you need 26 rounds of 12 ga for home defense yoyu might want to consider moving.

and rebuilding too... Imagine it will make dust out of your homes interior. Crazy collateral damage!!! LOL

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:

That would make a great riot gun...watch them scatter! Big Grin

I like the mechanics of the beast...like a high performance car. Smile

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

How do you know what you NEED until you actually need it? Confused

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This belongs in the long gun room.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post