SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    mcgowen barrels - opinions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mcgowen barrels - opinions Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted
Its a pistol I'm asking about but, It's more of a rifle question I think.

I have a Savage Striker bolt action pistol chambered in .22LR. It has a 10" barrel.Years ago I was lucky enough to contact Mike Dewey and buy the last target trigger he made for the Striker. set to 4oz its a masterpiece. If I didn't have this trigger I would probably pass on a new barrel and just look for another gun.

I would like to get back into IHMSA shooting and would like to use this pistol in Small Bore class. I would like to replace the Savage barrel with a Target chambered Stainless Steel barrel that is 14" ( max. barrel length for IHMSA).

I was looking on the net for barrel makers that offer savage replacement barrels for the Striker, McGowen does.

I read mixed reviews on McGowen, what are your opinions?

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a McGowen 6.5 CM barrel and put on my Savage 10 I think it shoots better than I do, its a sub MOA shooter.

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post