SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Thought on single piece AR bolt gas rings.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thought on single piece AR bolt gas rings. Login/Join 
Picture of 808
posted
Anyone of experience using the single piece bolt gas rings in place of the normal three rings.
Something like in the link below.

Any ideas on good place to purchase bolt rings?

https://www.primaryarms.com/jp...s-ring-223-jpegr-223

Posts: 1230 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used 1-piece gas rings on all my ARs for quite a few years. IMO they function just as well as the traditional 3 gas rings. Maybe even better. I find that the 1-piece rings last longer, too.

The 1-piece rings do cost a little more than the traditional 3 rings, but it's such a minor portion of AR ownership price. The 1-piece rings are available from quite a few sources on line, maybe even LGS. I don't think the source matters.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Mil spec is gas rings every 5k rounds. You can easily do the BCG test to see if they need it earlier. The ring/rings are so inexpensive I don't think it matters.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
Mil spec is gas rings every 5k rounds. You can easily do the BCG test to see if they need it earlier. The ring/rings are so inexpensive I don't think it matters.

this,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
I have had the one piece rings fail after only a few hundred rounds.
I stick with the three now.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I will say that in my time as an armorer I saw rifles that ran on two rings with no sign of issues. I did see a rifle run on one ring, but it was having issues.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're a solution looking for a problem, but given the minute cost and long life, if you want to try them, knock yourself out.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
They're a solution looking for a problem, but given the minute cost and long life, if you want to try them, knock yourself out.

This is spot on.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post