SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Aero precision?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aero precision? Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
I have heard they make great lowers though how are their uppers rated? Any good?

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No complaints. I built two nice rifles with Aero upper receivers. They're nicely finished.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107486 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hunterex
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No complaints. I built two nice rifles with Aero upper receivers.

+1

For a long while they were the only uppers I used.

This Mk12 Mod 0 is sporting one, although I later changed the receiver over to a period correct Colt.

Posts: 102 | Registered: November 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I have used both the Enhanced upper which has the full float hand guard attachment forged into the upper as one piece (upside...you don't have to clock your barrel nut to allow the gas tube to fit...the upper comes with the proprietary barrel nut and wrench...just torque it down. Downside...it pretty much means you will have to use an AERO brand full float hand guard...but they are reasonably priced and quality)...

I used their standard upper to build my .300 BLK pistol...

Both were GTG...great products!

I know this is AERO's "YouTube advertisement" video...but such things enthrall me (I used to love to visit my uncle's automotive machine shop in Smyrna GA and watch them bore engine blocks Big Grin...I am in amazement that something such as this can be manufactured and sold for a profit at this price point with the cost of the machines to produce it...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/kPOCDc_OSBw

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I prefer to use Aero receivers (and Ballistic Advantage barrels) for all of my builds.
They’re a great value for all the little things they do right, like the threaded take down spring hole behind the end plate and the tension screw between upper/lower. Only thing I wish they had in their regular lower would be a threaded bolt catch instead of a roll pin.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjames:
Only thing I wish they had in their regular lower would be a threaded bolt catch instead of a roll pin.

They saved that for their M4E1 lowers--odly, they do not offer and ambi M4E1, while they do offer an ambi regular forged lower.

But back to the OP's question, their forged uppers are good quality. I haven't built anything with their enhanced uppers, but I've never had a problem with anything from Aero.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Good testimonials guys thanks that’s what I was looking for. I may pick up an upper from them.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have an Aero rifle I built from a stripped lower and a complete Aero Midlength 16” BA barreled upper they sold on sale with BCG.

Magwell was tight and went back to them but they fixed it no fuss in about a week.

Works fine, not my best or favorite rifle but I use it heavily to train for <50m drills with cheap Russian steel ammo and it’s never choked.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RHINOWSO,

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Love Aero. It’s my go to brand for builds. I always purchase my aero stuff from Primary Arms.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Aero is good to go IMO. I have several lowers and one upper all have been great.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I usually use Stag uppers as I'm a lefty but a local store sells a lor of Aero and Ballistic Advantage parts and receivers. Everything I have seen and heard is nothing but good.

If I ever build a righty I will use Aero.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Built an Aero M5 several years ago chambered in .308. The fit and finish of the upper and lower were top notch but there was a slight difference in the FDE coloring. Other than that I'm very pleased. Would definitely recommend.

Posts: 584 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post