SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A Heads Up...If You Are Looking For A Good .22 Bolt Action Rifle At A Good Price Bud’s Has The Ruger American...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Heads Up...If You Are Looking For A Good .22 Bolt Action Rifle At A Good Price Bud’s Has The Ruger American... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
...with the gun world being what it is with the coronavirus and all...this is a damn good basic .22 rifle shipped free...

https://www.budsgunshop.com/pr...n+Rimfire+.22+LR++22

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
That's a nice rifle. I looked at one at a recent gun show and was impressed with the way it shouldered, the sight picture, the feel, and the overall appearance of quality. I thought the American rifles were going to be cheaper overall but this one felt and looked really good. I like that it shares the 10/22 magazine system so you can put a banana magazine on it. And I always thought that Savage-style trigger was a bit goofy but after playing with some rifles with that sort of trigger system, I am equally impressed with it.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Ordered, thanks.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Wish it came in left hand.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10 + one capacity .

where does it hold all of them ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54598 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
10 + one capacity .

where does it hold all of them ?

It uses Ruger's excellent rotary .22 magazine, just like the venerable Ruger 10/22.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I bought one of these a couple of years ago for my son to start training on. Nice rifle! Especially for the price. It utilizes Ruger mags, so the 10, 15 & 25 rd 10/22 mags work just fine.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
The Ruger American is a fine little rifle. I love the fact that it uses the 10/22 rotary magazine.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I have the 22 WMR version and really enjoy shooting it.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I want one

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54598 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
I like it, I just wish everyone would stop with the trigger blade safeties. I haven't owned Ruger's version, but the Savage version rubs my finger the wrong way.

Posts: 1058 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Hear, hear! Just having the alternative of being able to buy it with a smooth-faced trigger would be nice.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Bought my son one years ago when they first released the threaded barrel version. He's a lefty but he got used to it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8010 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one last year. Good little rifle, except the leaf sight. I ended up putting a close-out nikon scope on it.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post