SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    *Now $124* Want an inexpensive semiauto shotgun? Wal-Mart has Remington 11-87s on clearance for $249.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*Now $124* Want an inexpensive semiauto shotgun? Wal-Mart has Remington 11-87s on clearance for $249. Login/Join 
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Well, I did some overtime the other day, & this was cheaper than the 50’s ‘Sweet-Sixteen’(already have a mint one) I’ve been watching on Armslist.

The local Walmart had the Compact 21” 20 ga in stock for $249, 1 only. I hadn’t done the ‘perp walk’ at wal-fart in over 10 years, it’s about time.

It was the usual circus looking for someone that could do the transaction, had all the info & numbers so they could track it down in back. Transaction all went as expected, one of the 3 even talked casual hunting.

Anyway, it’s light, short, compact, & desired an oil wipe down & coat. I’m in no hurry to shoot it, but there it is. It may not compare to my M2 20 ga, most online reviews were favorable.

I also bought some 16 ga #6 shot that was on clearance, $7.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

Anyway, it’s light, short, compact, & desired an oil wipe down & coat.. It may not compare to my M2 20...

What is the shortest (adjustable) length of pull on the 21" barrel 20G Compact?

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I didn’t see shortest LOP listed, just the 1” total adjustment available with supplied spacers.

I, as an average, compact, 5’,8.5” guy, find the gun O.K, as supplied to shoulder. I can see adding at least 1/2” right away though, maybe the full inch. After that, a buttpad if anything more is needed.

If we didn’t have our German Shepherd, the gun would do well at ‘home defense’ too. The dog is always well ahead of me investigating anything unusual.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
sourdough, I am about your size, and my 12G 11-87's LOP is much too long, and can't be shortened much.

I can't find any info on the 20G Compact 11-87, other than its adjustable.

My 12G 1301 Comp's short buttstock is about perfect.

I've probably missed the window of opportunity already.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
sourdough, I am about your size, and my 12G 11-87's LOP is much too long, and can't be shortened much.

My 12G 1301 Comp's short buttstock is about perfect.

I've probably missed the window of opportunity already.

Not only does FL still have some, but at the $124 level. I just threw in a zip code for Orange Park.

https://www.dexterclearance.co...7700836263&zip=32065

They have some at $249 & $424 or so, just have to check local zip codes in the search engine provided, very handy.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is the shortest (adjustable) length of pull on the 21" barrel 20G Compact?

quote:

The standard 12g 11-87 had a 14" LOP.

The 20g 11-87 Compact's youth stock has a 13" LOP, and comes with three additional buttpad spacers: 2x 0.25" and 1x 0.5". So you can have a 13" (no spacers), 13.25", 13.5", 13.75", or 14" (all spacers) LOP.

If you want a shorter LOP on your 14" 11-87, you can put a similar Youth stock on your 12g 11-87, or get something like a wood stock that you then cut down to your exact desired LOP and fit a recoil pad.

IIRC, 12g and 20g stocks aren't interchangeable, but most 12g 870 and 12g 11-87 stocks should be interchangeable. So look for a 12g 870 youth stock or 12g 11-87 youth stock, which should have a 13" LOP.

Many of the tactical stocks are also offered with shorter LOPs, for use with body armor and when shooting squared up to the target. For example, the Mesa Tactical Urbino has an extra short 12.5" LOP. https://www.mesatactical.com/p...ver-12-ga-black.html

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Rogue and sourdough, thanks!

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The link provided showed one of the $149 shotguns in stock. Worth a drive over, for that price.
When I go there, the drone at the counter and his manager both said "Nope. Don't carry it. Havent. Won't." They also refused to run the stock number in the computer to see if one showed in inventory like online.

Some people deserve to work at Walmart, I guess.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just left Walmart had in stock. But here is the rub. Would not sell at either of the prices listed. Manger called over would not over ride the scaned price. No amount of talking would change thier minds.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
FYI, I had cell shots of the SKU numbers, prices, & whatever else the site offered. She scanned with my #, price & inventory came up as advertised.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
There's one 12 ga. for $125 at a store 37 mins. away. If I wasn't busier than a one-armed paper hanger or I really wanted a 12 ga. auto-loader, I'd go snag it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
There’s one in stock 54 miles away. I almost hopped in the car. But then I remembered I haven’t shot my old semiauto shotgun in ?? who knows how long.

The 20 ga is in stock at a store 31 minutes away. Maybe I will get it for my son. I’ll ask him after school tomorrow.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The short LOP makes it fit into the recycling bin more easily.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Went to two stores that supposedly had them in Stock. Neither did.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
cute unique boy middle names

Damn had one in our area for $89

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quiet observer
posted Hide Post
Picked up the last 12G in my area this morning for $124.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 985 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
picked the last one up at my local WM a little bit ago. I was doing my paperwork and another guy walked in asking to buy one.sorry, SOL.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up the 20 gauge for $249. Thanks fir posting about this deal.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I bought mine a day too early but I'm not going to complain. Wouldn't have bought it if I didn't think it was a good deal at $249. It only comes with a modified choke but follow this link to find clearance 20 gauge RemChoke kits:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-...hecker?sku=112231776

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The compact 20G would have been a great trunk gun for my Trunk Monkey®, for those times when a tire iron just isn't enough.

He's half my height but his arms are about as long as mine.