SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    *Now $124* Want an inexpensive semiauto shotgun? Wal-Mart has Remington 11-87s on clearance for $249.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*Now $124* Want an inexpensive semiauto shotgun? Wal-Mart has Remington 11-87s on clearance for $249. Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
8/27 Edit: Now dropping to $124 at some stores. Eek

Many/most Wal-Mart stores appear to have Remington 11-87 shotguns on clearance for $249. Wal-Mart's normal retail price is $684, so that's about 63% off.

Seems to apply to their basic black synthetic version, in both a 12 gauge with 28" barrel as well as a 20 gauge with 21" barrel (youth model?).

Here's a handy site that links with the Wal-Mart store inventory database. You can plug in your zip code at the top, and hit Search, and it will show which stores in your area still have that UPC in stock.

20 gauge 21": https://www.dexterclearance.co...ct=047700836263&zip=

12 gauge 28": https://www.dexterclearance.co...ct=047700298795&zip=

I just snagged the last 12 gauge at my local store. I'm not a huge fan of Remington's quality lately, but for $249 it's worth the price, even if I just use it as a cheap beater for clay busting. That's less than you'll pay for a decent used 870 Express.

For some reason, mine rang up as $299, which the manager couldn't adjust down to the correct price. (They apparently can't price adjust firearms, alcohol, or tobacco in their system.) But they gave my a $50 gift card to make up the difference.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Remington???

Looks like they are starting to give their stuff away.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Remington???

Looks like they are starting to give their stuff away.

I don't know that this is being driven by Remington. It's more likely that Wal-Mart may be quietly getting out of the semiauto rifle/shotgun market. Or it could just be some standard inventory rotation thing, to free up shelf space for deer season guns.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to suspect it's an inventory clearance thing. My new 11-87 was manufactured in December 2016. So it's been sitting on a shelf, either in a Remington warehouse or a Wal-Mart warehouse, for nearly 3 years.

Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
I bought one Saturday for $249. Some stores around here still have them at $349. They had a 20 gauge when I bought mine, kinda wish I had bought that one, too.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If they'd paid me 249.00, I might be willing to take one off their hands.

Wait, no I wouldn't.

I've got an 11-87P from 1995 with the old gray parkerizing. Lovely, soft-shooting gun, well-made. I can only imagine how Remington has managed to fuck up these shotguns in 2019.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I went and handled one of these.

Nah...it is nothing like my 11-87P. It isn't close.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
Nah...it is nothing like my 11-87P. It isn't close.

The price is also nothing like an 11-87P. (~$900-$1000 new.)

It isn't even close. Wink

25% of the cost, for much more than 25% of the functionality. Big Grin

Like I said, I'm not impressed with Remington's quality lately, but for something really cheap to stick in the safe, occasionally bust some clays with, and perhaps loan out to a friend who want to come try shooting clays, ducks, or doves, it's a heck of a bargain.

PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
May indeed be subsidized by BIG GREEN.

Making room for the V3 which will displace the other SA’s in their line ... as it should.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Nice!

That leaves a lot in the budget for 20G extension tubes, red dots, etc.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Looks like you may have gotten a deal. Posted links now listing them at $474.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:

Must just be your area. It's not every Wal-Mart, but it's reportedly most.

If you'll search using other zip codes, you can see there are lots of stores across the country that have them at $249, even still this morning.

Searching using an Anchorage zip code, it looks like the Wasilla Wal-Mart up in your neck of the woods only has them marked down to $548, more than double what they're selling for elsewhere. Eek (It's my understanding that Wal-Mart does a lot more gun sales in Alaska than elsewhere, so there may be less incentive to drastically mark them down up there.)

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. I just brought home a 20 gauge 21" barrel 1187 from my local Walmart for $264.93 after tax. Of course the assistant manager had to carry it as he walked me out the font door. He then said we had to make sure the surveillance cameras recorded him giving it to me OUTSIDE the exterior most doors!

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently this varies greatly from store to store. Was on another forum and people we saying Walmart’s in their area was selling 10/22’s under 200 bucks including takedown models, but found no such deals in my local stores.

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:

That site he linked is ridiculously confusing to use.
If you type in your zip ode then hit search you get that $474 info but if you keep scrolling down you get a breakdown of your local stores and the number available then the price is listed as $249.

Here is the $474 listing

Scroll down past the ads for other products and you get

I typed in a whole slew of zipcodes and all showed $249 nothing listed at $474

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I just brought home a 20 gauge 21" barrel 1187 from my local Walmart for $264.93 after tax. Of course the assistant manager had to carry it as he walked me out the font door. He then said we had to make sure the surveillance cameras recorded him giving it to me OUTSIDE the exterior most doors!

^^^
Yeah Academy does that ALL the time. Walmart is a little jumpy. Probably some recent corporate directive.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^
Yeah Academy does that ALL the time. Walmart is a little jumpy. Probably some recent corporate directive.
^^^ I'm sure the average customer will recognize the gun-carrying person as the manager, so no need to worry. Probably do it for the employees sake.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I tried to snag a 12 ga. No luck at 2 local stores. Oh well, I really didn't NEED it anyway!

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
I tried to snag a 12 ga. No luck at 2 local stores. Oh well, I really didn't NEED it anyway!

If you want one, use the Dexter link in my first post, put in your zip code (or a nearby zip code), and hit Search, then scroll down to the store listings. It will tell you how many are in stock, and at what price.

Searching with a few Houston-area zip codes, it looks like there a numerous stores in the Houston area and surrounding areas that still have them in stock at $249. Over a dozen.