SIGforum
Cost to “unBubba” an SKS?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/3060044734

February 08, 2018, 10:12 AM
Leemur
Cost to “unBubba” an SKS?
I’ve got a friend wanting to sell an SKS. I’ve only seen a few pics but it was put in a Tapco stock and set up for duck bill mags. Are there aftermarket stocks or readily available originals? Any idea how much it would cost to get it back to original configuration?
February 08, 2018, 10:17 AM
slabsides45
Probably not much. If it's the duck bill like mine now uses, that doesn't require modification of the original wood stock, it's just made that way to fit the original.

There are usually folks willing to sell their wood stock for cheap when they go polymer, so find one of those and find the original magazine with it, and you're good. Many of us like the wood original stock with the duck bill mags, fwiw, so might be that all you really want is the stock. ymmv.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SKS-S...047675.c100012.m1985

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
February 08, 2018, 10:19 AM
Leemur
I’d rather not mess with the duck bill mags. I prefer original configuration.
February 08, 2018, 10:20 AM
slabsides45
Ok, several are on ebay right now for sale for 35-75 bucks. Bet you could get one for much less if you look around, that was just a "while I'm on Fleabay" search...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
February 09, 2018, 03:00 PM
Leemur
Looked at the rifle and it was a wreck. I’d be better off buying a good rifle. Only thing still in good shape was the chrome lining. Thanks though!