SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig 556 to MCX stock adapter
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 556 to MCX stock adapter Login/Join 
posted
So, I’m sitting around recovering from pneumonia when I see that Sig made an adapter that will let you attach one of the MCX retractable (HK style) stocks to a 556/556xi. Does anybody know where these can be found or if they are still available? I have 2 early 556 and 1 xi sbr’s and I’d love to outfit them with these. Thanks.

Posts: 503 | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Probably this part http://www.sigsauerguns.com/si...er-psb-1913-blk.html

Pretty cool - Didn't know they made this. Currently out of stock at Osage though....Might be available elsewhere

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one I saw was just a Pic rail (like on the MCX receiver) so you could attach the stock of your choosing (I prefer the HK style to the M4 tube). When I did a search one popped up in a picture that had Osage’s logo, but I couldn’t find it on their site. This is gonna drive me nuts.

posted Hide Post
While they do offer that stock adapter, I’m curious whether the HK style retractable stock would work on the 556s. Both the MCX and MPX receivers have grooves in the sides for the stock rods when it’s retracted. The 556s don’t.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Here you go.... Wink

From the CDNN Website:

SIG SAUER PSB STOCK ADAPTER PIC RAIL XI 556/552

Manufacturer: SIG SAUER
Model: 556XI
SKU: SIGADAPTERPSB1913BLK
UPC: 798681530243
In Stock: 99 units

Regular Price: $88.00
Special Sale: $29.99

https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig...52.html#.Wt39qbjMj5w

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s the one! 2 on their way. Thanks guys!! CDNN was probably the only place I hadn’t checked.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
nice find! My google-fu didn't come through because I left the dashes in. I'm gonna order a few too because I like the idea of running a modern stock on my 553's

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Here you go.... Wink

From the CDNN Website:

I don't see any latch mechanism on this adapter. What keeps the stock from inadvertently swinging closed from the open position?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

I don't see any latch mechanism on this adapter. What keeps the stock from inadvertently swinging closed from the open position?

It doesn't fold. The folding mechanism of a normal 556 stock is the hinge pin and push button in the stock itself. This adapter goes in one side with that little nub and then the pin holds the other side in. Any folding mechanism therefore must be present in the MCX stock itself or the folding adapter to buffer tub (which is a Rube Goldberg-esque combination of parts but guess it would work).

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Here you go.... Wink

From the CDNN Website:

So will that adapter make this stock fit my 556Xi lower?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

It doesn't fold. The folding mechanism of a normal 556 stock is the hinge pin and push button in the stock itself. This adapter goes in one side with that little nub and then the pin holds the other side in. Any folding mechanism therefore must be present in the MCX stock itself or the folding adapter to buffer tub (which is a Rube Goldberg-esque combination of parts but guess it would work).

Ahhh, ok. I'm familiar with the SAN SIG 55X/ 556 folding mechanism. So, if I understand your explanation correctly, this adapter's lug locks into the recess at the back (left) of the 55X receiver and, essentially it simply replaces the typical push-button locking mechanism with a fixed locked adapter not designed to fold, but the attached PSB or stock would include a folding or telescoping mechanism?

I've handled/ examined a SIG MPX and MCX, but I didn't spend much time examining the stock mounting points.

So, I was thinking that this adapter was also used for the MCX/ MPX. I guess my next question is, do all MCX/ MPX come from the factory with the vertical picatinny rail section fixed to the back of the receiver, or are there some variants that would require this 55X adapter to mount a stock?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
What's your OAL with the stock collapsed on the bottom picture?

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Thanks bigarms for starting the thread and to everyone that contributed!
DWD1985, that looks great and perfect for my needs ... Thanks too for the heads up with the stock lengths, I'm looking forward to getting the same parts!

I've been Struggling with the stock on my P556-SBR ever since I replaced the rail with the one from MFI that has the integral Swiss type rear sight at the back. For the primary sight I have a ACOG 4x NSN that (that I've had forever)the sight fits perfectly under the eyepiece and you can still use the irons with it mounted, however now the ACOG sits further forward on the rail and with the fixed length stock it's difficult to get a sight picture ... I also like that it will make the whole package thinner.

I'll post pictures when everything arrives!

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Well the plate got here Monday and the stock on Tuesday, put it on last night and took it to the range this afternoon. It must have been the tornado watch because there was no one there!

Sorry about the crappy lighting. I realize it was actually a few inches shorter with the folding stock but with the retractable stock it's about half the width of the folded stock ... It's just over 24" with my QD mount.

It now fits in my oldest case, originally bought for an UZI ... The folding stock made it too wide to zip up completely, but not now!
Oh, the stock, when it's fully extended is about 1.25" shorter than the fixed folder and as I'd hoped, it's just right for me to get the proper eye relieve now that the scope has to set further forward with the MFI sight-rail installed.

posted Hide Post
Sharp looking there kimberkid. That’s what I was hoping for. I got my mounts, just need to pick up a couple of stocks now.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
what's the SKU on the stock?

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
what's the SKU on the stock?

SKU 11172591 is what it was on GunBroker, Wholesale Hunter was who I bought it from, $174.96 was the best price I could find at the time

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Well the plate got here Monday and the stock on Tuesday, put it on last night and took it to the range this afternoon. It must have been the tornado watch because there was no one there!

Sorry about the crappy lighting. I realize it was actually a few inches shorter with the folding stock but with the retractable stock it's about half the width of the folded stock ... It's just over 24" with my QD mount.

It now fits in my oldest case, originally bought for an UZI ... The folding stock made it too wide to zip up completely, but not now!
Oh, the stock, when it's fully extended is about 1.25" shorter than the fixed folder and as I'd hoped, it's just right for me to get the proper eye relieve now that the scope has to set further forward with the MFI sight-rail installed.

That really looks great. I ordered an adapter. Can the cocking handle cycle fully rearward on the 556 with the stock in the closed position?

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Josh, I didn't try that on Wednesday but last night I put a SWAT hand-guard on it and had it in the back of the truck to run out to the farm on my lunch hour ... it I had to trim the MFI rail because it was too long to fit the rail of the SWAT handguard and still just touches ... I wanted to see if/how much it would effect the trajectory with a cold and hot barrel.

So, in answer to your question ...

With the stock collapsed, the charge handle will go back far enough to cock the hammer and just back far enough to strip a round off the mag. There is about .5" that the stock tube covers of the charge handle slot.

The stock tubes have three lock cut-outs, one being fully collapsed, the second about 3/4 full open and then fully extended. I unlocked it from being fully retracted, took a shot and the handle pushed the stock back a couple inches ... so it definitely hits the tube when fully collapsed, which kinda bums me out. Although I'm not the guy that blasts from the hip either.

A bit better? picture

Josh, or anyone else! Do you know of an available gas valve designed for a suppressed setting? I have one for my 553 but would really like to have one for my 556.