Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Null Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I picked mine up in 97. It is a HK marked ghost ring model with 18” barrel and mag extension. It is phenomenal. My only gripe is that the recoil operates system doesn’t like some low brass low recoil loads. Feed it the right ammo and it’s flawless.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2317 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
What's the story behing the HK ones? I always found that curious.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alpine
posted Hide Post
HK was the importer back in the early 90's. I have an HK model with the 18" barrel (non-choke), ghost ring sight model. Replaced the pistol grip stock with the normal stock and added a 4-round tube extension.

Runs flawless, never had an issue with anything I tried.

FYI. Adding lights, lasers, shell holders can cause malfunctions as the extra weight counteracts the inertia recoil system.

----------------------------------------

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

George Carlin

Posts: 908 | Location: Colorado, and as far away from Denver as I can get. | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alpine
posted Hide Post
Not that difficult, but depending on what sights you have now may dictate what sight on the barrel you'll need. I'm not certain, but I believe most of the M2 barrel and stock parts will work on the older M1?

----------------------------------------

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

George Carlin

Posts: 908 | Location: Colorado, and as far away from Denver as I can get. | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I had a HK imprted M1 tactical. One of few I regret ever selling. Just picked up a M4, still need to get it out to the range to see how I like it.

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1522 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

IIRC, you can "ghost load" the M1S90 without any mods. The M2 requires a minor mod to be able to do this.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alpine:
HK was the importer back in the early 90's. I have an HK model with the 18" barrel (non-choke), ghost ring sight model. Replaced the pistol grip stock with the normal stock and added a 4-round tube extension.

Runs flawless, never had an issue with anything I tried.

FYI. Adding lights, lasers, shell holders can cause malfunctions as the extra weight counteracts the inertia recoil system.

My M2 runs perfectly with a full 12rd tube and one in the chamber.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
I've had the M1S90 Tac since around 1994. Has an 18.5" bbl and 3 chokes. Paid $850 new.

Used to shoot a lot of clays with it. Once in a while it didn't like some lighter bird loads, but I'd just clear it and continue firing.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
I have had one for 15+ years, runs like a champ. I did put a mercury recoil thingy majingy in the stock. she purrs.

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
THe used one I'm looking at has a 20" barrel, a surefire flashlight forend and a pistol grip stock. How difficult is it to find an 18" barrel, standard type stock and normal (non-flashlight) forend?

I don't have specifics but parts are generally readily available.

I would try it with the 20" barrel before swapping for the 18". You may find you really like it as is.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post