SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Thoughts on les baer custom 264, and 204 ruger rifle.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on les baer custom 264, and 204 ruger rifle. Login/Join 
posted
So my local ffl has a consignment lot.

An a2 stock, complete lbc lower and upper set. 24 ich bull barrels, versa pod. Larue mount and night force scope 8-32x.

The 264 (6.5 grendel i think.) Has been fired. And a seperate 204 ruger upper has not been. Lbc bolt, versa pod ect.

I used to have a lmt lower and mega upper nearly identicle to this. I loved it. Sold it in ct.

How do these rifles rate in todays market of high end guns?

He is asking what seems to be a fair price. I have not bought or assembled an ar in 3 years. I know they are in a soft market. Does anyone have any exp with lbc ar 15's?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I know that their barrels have a fine reputation.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trigger is fantastic. I am glad to here the barrels are good. Anyone know more about the rifles.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the .223 version and it is a fantastic rifle. Very accurate and easy to shoot well. I did have an issue with the BCG (broken extractor) and had to send the whole rifle to Les Baer for repair. I had to pay for shipping to Les Baer even though it was a brand new rifle with the problem from the start.

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That seems to the norm with les baer. How has the fir and finish been? Any issues with the gas tube? Shooting soft points?

posted Hide Post
I've been too busy so only fired a few hundred rounds though the rifle. Fit and finish are great and no issue thus far after the BCG repair. No soft point. Only match grade ammo for me.

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post