Null Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Yes on the bolt, a colt pattern bolt will be too wide for the glock feed lips. So a glock bolt will work with both styles, but a colt bolt will not. I would imagine that all the bolts made now days are ramped, but if not, you want a ramped one.

I don't know about hold open on the glock lowers, it's not an issue with the colt pattern guns.

Yes a standard AR lower build kit will work. You will need a 9mm, m16, dpms style, etc hammer... the standard "notched" AR15 hammer is problematic with 9mm AR's. So I would probably get one without a trigger and buy a trigger that will work reliably separately.

as always, ymmv.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tha1000,

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recommend you check out Quarter Circle 10. I have their side charging upper and it is gorgeous. My friend has their AR9 lower with last round bolt hold open. The LRBHO isn’t as slick as on my JP GMR15 but it should work ok. Installing 9mm barrels is not difficult depending on the hand guard and barrel nut you use. I like Midwest Industries. Torque is not that high, no clocking or alignment (no gas tube) and they give you a wrench.

Standard lower parts kit is fine. I used a Faxon bolt with an H3 buffer.

If you want to use a standard lower, I found the Stern adapter works well.

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
9mm ARs, pick two from the following:

a. Uses Glock mags
b. LRBHO (that is reliable)
c. Is reasonably priced.

For mine, I chose a and c.

Wink

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David - Not positive but I think (stand to be corrected if someone knows differently) that JP Enterprises has a pending patent on a system that will allow the Glock mag set up that supports a Last round bolt hold open process...I do know they are utilizing tthis technology on their AR 9mm because I own one.....

With this said if you want a left hand charging handle and a last round bolt hold open and a dedicated 9mm size mag well you might want to start with a JP billet receiver...They have what you are looking for....

If you can give up the last round bolt hold open option and the left hand charging handle I can provide you with the SKU# for the PSA lower - PX9 that I also own that cost $219.00. I have about 2000 rounds thru my PSA unit and it has been flawless. At least t was until I decided to change out my trigger to a CMC drop in unit....

Just remeber one thing as you go into this build. Not all (most will not) drop in triggers will work with the AR 9mm systems because so much material has been removed from the lower side of the bolt to allow it to blow back easier many drop in triggers hammer reset it not tall enough to consistantly reset. I know beacuse I lived this nightmare. After talking to an Engineer at CMC he explaind this to me and I now have a new CMC drop in trigger unit in route that is dedicated to the AR 9mm set up... Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David - Here is the PSA lower I have....

https://palmettostatearmory.co...style-516447408.html

Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post