SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Surprise for the gf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surprise for the gf Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
The gf loves deadpool.
Has all kinds of random paraphernalia in that theme.
Bathrobe.. shirts.. coffee mugs.. figurines...etc..

So I decided that I'm gonna put together a deadpool themed box for her birthday.
Ordered a nice wood crate - paying an artistic friend to paint it up in deadpool colors and stuff.
Her birthday is in March so over the next several months I'm going to slowly acquire random DP things to put in it.

However - the coolest thing I've already paid for and is (mostly) done.
I got in touch with the fine folks at Whiskey Tango Firearms and had them whip me up something nice.
The pics just arrived today. Sadly, since there's a suppressor on it (pinned/welded) I must wait for the ATF to get to my paperwork.
I have zero faith that the ATF will get everything done by March... so I'm having them yank the barrel off and put a normal 16" barrel on it temporarily.
Then once the NFA stuff clears... I can put the good barrel on Smile

Over the next couple months I plan on also having them do a 1911 in the same theme for her.
It's gonna be a pricy damn box..

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Double dang.

If thats what you do for you girlfriends bday, I cant wait to see what your wife gets Big Grin

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
That's amaze balls. Fantastic build. I'd own that in a heart beat.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not really my preference, as I could do without the lettered graphics -- but that is some really good finish work. I assume it's cerakote. Pretty cool.

What's the base rifle?

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Can I be your girlfriend, too?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Not really my preference, as I could do without the lettered graphics -- but that is some really good finish work. I assume it's cerakote. Pretty cool.

What's the base rifle?

I had them build it for me from parts. The main portions are:

Aero Precision upper
Black rain lower
Samson EVO 15 handguard
Geiselle s3g trigger
Faxxon Arms 11.5” barrel
Gemtech Patrolman suppressor (pinned/welded)
Trijicon MRO
Vortex VMX-3T magnifier

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Wow, nice rifle!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is pretty neat. I like some of the "character" themed ar-15 rifles. If it gives her joy, that is all that matters.

On a side note, I can't remember where I had seen them but there is an Iron Man and Capt. America colored/themed rifle and they are pretty cool. It's nice to see something that someone did thinking outside of the box.

What do they charge for that paint scheme?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patw,

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Man, that is so cool! And such a cleaver idea. If I tried to do that for MY wife, I'd be trying to figure out how to make a "gun" out of "The Big Chill".

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Thats friggin awesome! I built my wife an AR and Cerakoted it black with pink blood splatters and a pink buffer tube
It does.not look.as cool as yours! I hope your girlfriend does not peek im here or it wont.be a surprise!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Not really my preference, as I could do without the lettered graphics --

I seem to remember a phrase that addressed this particular issue, something about counting thoughts...well, whatever it was, it never worked for me when I tried to use it anyways Big Grin

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I didn't see your pictures until scrolled down ... Was thinking that until your suppressed barrel clears you could put a "Flaming Pig" or knock-off on your 16' barrel.

What do you have on the end of the barrel in your pictures?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

What do you have on the end of the barrel in your pictures?

It's a Gemtech Patrolman.

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
hah... an article just got written on it now:

http://www.guns.com/2017/10/02...d-ar-project-photos/

posted Hide Post
I showed my son your pics and now he wants one. You will definitely have to show us pics of the 1911. Your gf is a lucky lady.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Well played sir. well played.!!!!!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post