SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What kind of mags are these? MAC 10?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What kind of mags are these? MAC 10? Login/Join 
Picture of sjames
posted
Older friend of mine came across these mags in his pile of junk. Thinks they're MAC10 mags but I've never messed with those before to know.

Anyone know what they are, besides heavy?

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
They look like Sten magazines.

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with Greymann, I think its a Sten mag. Not many other options have that doubling and stop. But like all things sigforum someone here is an expert.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Sten mags, as the others have said. Worth a very small handful of dollars to those who have a Sten and pretty much nothing to those who don't.

Mac and Uzi mags have two little humps about halfway down the tube to serve as over-insertion stops where they stop on the pistol grip. Sten magwells are stubby little things, hence the fat top end and little over-insertion nub high up on the mag.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Agree on sten mags.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

I’ll relay the info. Might be worth more as scrap in today’s market!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It's been quite a while now, 15 or so years but the last time I bought Sten mags was from CDNN for $3 each.

Bought a few for a project that didn't pan out. Listed one on Ebay and someone bid $18.00! IIRC I sent him two! (because I felt guilty) I then quickly bought more from CDNN to sell on Ebay lol... none of which went for anywhere near as much. And that is one of the many reasons I will never be rich. Smile

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
LOL. I bought a bunch for about $3 at Knob Creek for a project that never panned out too. Smile

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjames:
Thanks guys.

I’ll relay the info. Might be worth more as scrap in today’s market!

Yup, I’d see if there was a machine gun forum and list em. My buddy has several and finding mags that work is a challenge....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are Sten mags. Crazy how cheap they used to be. They suck to load by hand. The loader makes it tolerable.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post