SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Curses! Palmetto is at it again.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Curses! Palmetto is at it again. Login/Join 
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted
If you want a Vortex Strikefire..I was needing a budget RDS for my wifes MP-22 anyway, the mags made the deal to sweet to pass up.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
They're evil I tell ya, pure evil.

Just added one of their pistol lowers with an SB brace yesterday and am looking at a lot of other offerings, including the one you picked off.

They definitely make it tough.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Damn you PSA. Can't I be kept blissfully ignorant of your sales?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Those PSA sale have gotten me several times lately. They throw a packaged deal up that I want on sale then only offer a few at the sweet sales price so then I'm stuck wanting the item and know from the way they do the sales items they trickle them out 3-4 at a time so you have to be committed to what you want then hit the saved link 3-4 times a day until they offer up a few more but its worth the work to get the savings on these packaged deals.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Costs me $300 just to open there site... Damn. Gotta' delete their bookmark.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I finally un-subscribed from their twice a day emails and have saved $$$. Cool

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
out of stock now...what was the price I was saved by being late to the party?

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
out of stock now...what was the price I was saved by being late to the party?

$179. It shows in stock for me?

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Twist, did they have a great deal on the lower and brace?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
My mouth hit the floor at the XD + x3 AR lowers + x1 9mm lower for $450. That's a stupid deal. If you just sold off the lowers... That makes the XD like $200.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Twist, did they have a great deal on the lower and brace?

The assembled pistol lower was $129.99 shipped so not horrible. Brace was the normal pice at $125 (SB Tactical SOB), wasn't a package deal but kind of hard to beat $255 for a fairly decent lower half.

Now I'm fighting the urge to buy the damned complete 9" 300 Blackout upper for 259.99.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
thanks Twist. That is a nice deal. I would love to see a pix if you feel like it. Thx and congrats

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd jump all over that complete 300 upper if it was shorter

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just put the StrikeFire on my DPMS Oracle. Works great!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Trust me, Palmetto never ceased being at it.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
thanks Twist. That is a nice deal. I would love to see a pix if you feel like it. Thx and congrats

You got it.

That's my first PSA lower but doubt it'll be my last. As has been mentioned in other threads, seems to be a quality piece and should make for a nice build.

Not Today
posted Hide Post
Twist,Im curious,what keeps the brace in position?

Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Nothing with the way I have it on there.

There is a hole in the back of the brace where you can permanently attach it with a set screw but I highly doubt I'll go that route, at least not before testing it out because it's very snug. It took a fair amount of effort to get it set to where I have it now which is slightly further onto the buffer than as shown in that picture.

Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twist:
Nothing with the way I have it on there.

There is a hole in the back of the brace where you can permanently attach it with a set screw but I highly doubt I'll go that route, at least not before testing it out because it's very snug. It took a fair amount of effort to get it set to where I have it now which is slightly further onto the buffer than as shown in that picture.

Thank you. It is a good looking brace.

Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Not a problem at all.