SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MPX Iron Sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX Iron Sights Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know who manufactures the back up iron sights that used to come standard on MPX rifles and pistols. I recently purchased a new MPX and would like to find a set of those sights. Apparently Sig doesn’t sell them on their site. Thanks, JR

Posts: 1066 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: May 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
They may be manufactured by SIG, or if they are outsourced, they are specifically for the MPX.

When the MPX was in the prototype stage, SIG originally installed the same sights that came with the 516. At the range they found they sight post could not depress far enough to match the 9mm's more rainbown-ish trajectory (when compared to the 5.56), so the basically respec'd the front sight tower to be shorter.

Given that the tower is proprietarily shorter, I would be surprised if there was generic MPX front sight system floating around, much less the specific one that SIG uses.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
When did they start NOT coming with sights?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a set of those sights that I took off my MPX. Please shoot me an email, I would be happy to work something out with you.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
When did they start NOT coming with sights?

I was told those shipped after the new year do not come with BUIS or the sling. My MPX was made in June and it did not come with any sights or the sling.

Posts: 1066 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: May 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
I have a set of those sights that I took off my MPX. Please shoot me an email, I would be happy to work something out with you.

Email sent.
Thanks, JR

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:

PossibleZombie, I just picked up the Sig MPX sights from my mailbox this morning and they look new. I appreciate it very much. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas.

Thanks again,
JR.

posted Hide Post
Glad you got them OK, hopefully you put them to better use than I did. Same to you and yours for Christmas.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post