SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    300blk SBR did its job on father, son, and brother hog hunt
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300blk SBR did its job on father, son, and brother hog hunt Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Glad the loads worked so nicely from an sbr.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Memories that will last a lifetime. Looks like a good time. Congrats

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
very nice...

memories being made

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Nice kills man. Those will definitely eat well.

Blackouts can definitely do well on hogs. I popped a 100 lb sow in the left shoulder and it exited through the right butt cheek last year at 90 yards with my 12.5" suppressed SBR.

Was pretty impressed even though she wasn't a huge pig.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Excellent family time and bacon, ham and sausages up next. Great photos, thanks for sharing.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1529 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for all the kind words. I cooked up the tenderloin and backstraps for dinner this evening. Boy was it tasty.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
That definitely works, probably make for some good breakfast too if anything was left.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Dang that looks good. Family hunts are the best, especially when you can cook it up and enjoy it again.

I’m on the fence about a pistol build. 300 BO or 556. Posts like this will sway me.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks like a hella of a fine day. Awesome photos. Thanks, fo the report.

Was the bullet subsonic? Man that food, awesome.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
That looks like a hella of a fine day. Awesome photos. Thanks, fo the report.

Was the bullet subsonic? Man that food, awesome.

Thanks. The bullet is a 125gr Speer TNT loaded to 1950fps. It should work pretty good on deer as well.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
awesome. I have thought about a sbr 300blk suppressed. This makes me give it a second look.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like you guys had a blast! Those plates look delicious too... as if I didn't eat enough yesterday!

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Well done !

Good times for all ...

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! Hope to do this someday.

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
And now I’m hungry.

Sweet rifle.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This little piggy went wee, wee, wee all the way to the dinner table.

Nicely done.

Are wild hogs a problem in your area, as they are in Texas?

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
This little piggy went wee, wee, wee all the way to the dinner table.

Nicely done.

Are wild hogs a problem in your area, as they are in Texas?

I’m in Florida and they are a huge nucience. There are very few rules when it comes to hunting them.

posted Hide Post
I cleaned and packaged all the meat today. This was to only part of the bullet that I found in the animal. That Speer 125 worked perfectly.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
I’m in Florida and they are a huge nucience. There are very few rules when it comes to hunting them.

In that case, I suggest more hunts are in the order.

Bring on the bacon

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Lucky guy! Great chance to spend time with the family, hunt, and enjoy the harvest. It doesn’t get any better. Congratulations.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post