Null Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4455 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
Any chance you’re trying to reuse a crush washer? If that’s not the case, I’d go with a jam nut.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
A peel washer is usually more fiddly, but might permit more precise adjustments.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About all you can do is use a different size crush washer. I picked up one of these sets for just such a problem.

https://www.amazon.com/Mechfor...eywords=Crush+washer

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
trim the washer,
if it will not go quite far enough (if I am comprehending your post) just take a file or sandpaper and take a bit off, try, repeat as necessary,

be sure touch it up finish wise,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
trim the washer,
if it will not go quite far enough (if I am comprehending your post) just take a file or sandpaper and take a bit off, try, repeat as necessary,

be sure touch it up finish wise,

This. Or you could also place a piece of sandpaper on a flat working surface and sand a few thousands off the back of the flash hider.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only use FH's that don't need to be timed. Right now I've got a couple shorty Vortex's from Spikes Tactical. They are the length of an A2 and don't look so stupid long as a regular vortex on a 16" carbine barrel.

I actually put them on with copper anti-seize (lock Glock uses at the factory) and hand tightened them. They self-tighten as you fire due to the helix angle of the flutes.

So I would recommend an A1 flash hider and just torque it to spec...

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
I only use FH's that don't need to be timed. Right now I've got a couple shorty Vortex's from Spikes Tactical. They are the length of an A2 and don't look so stupid long as a regular vortex on a 16" carbine barrel.

I actually put them on with copper anti-seize (lock Glock uses at the factory) and hand tightened them. They self-tighten as you fire due to the helix angle of the flutes.

So I would recommend an A1 flash hider and just torque it to spec...

I did the exact same thing after fiddling with crush washers. Just twist the Vortex on and fire away!

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post