SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ballistic Advantage quality?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ballistic Advantage quality? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Does anyone have experience with these guys? I’m curious of the quality of their barrels, etc.
Thanks!

http://ballisticadvantage.com/

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
They are good to go. I have them on two sbr's and one of them is my duty rifle. The hanson profile with a pinned gas block is a hard price to beat. When I first looked at them I was either going with them or a noveske 10.5 chf barrel. The noveske was always out of stock at the time and I wanted to get that rifle up and running and qual with it. Have been happy with my choice and saved about 150 at the time no less.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I have on my SBR. 8" 300 blackout barrel. It can put barnes 110 (not the most accurate stuff) into 1.25-2" at 50 yards using a 2moa dot to aim. The rifle has never had a stoppage, which isn't all barrel, but it is part.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Very nice, thank you guys. Smile Do y’all just have their barrels or other parts as well?

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
I've only used the barrels and gas blocks that come on them. My other ba barrel is their 8 in 300 blackout thats on my sbr with a pdw stock. Literally a for fun gun, and have only put 50 rounds of cheap reloads through it so wont comment on accuracy. My 10.5 will do sub moa with some loads, others its a 2 inch gun. That was me testing with an older leupold mk4 for fun. I switched to a t1 for what I intended it for then its limitations are only my eyes.

Overall I've been very happy for the price. When the barrel has served its life I may buy another or something else. Whatever fills the role I want filled.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Very good, thanks

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I bought a SLR upper that uses a 14.5 BA barrel. Although I don't have a ton of rounds through it, I'm very pleased with it. Sub MOA from a sturdy bench when using good ammo which I didn't expect from a 14.5" 5.56 barrel.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I have a BA 18" stainless Hanson profile .223 Wylde mid length barrel w/pinned gas block installed in an Aero enhanced upper...the barrel is topped off with their VG6 Gamma break...

The lower I built for use with this upper is also a Ballistic Advantage...excellent quality lower...

Even with run of the mill American Eagle or Wolf
Gold 55 grainers it shoots 1 1/2-2 MOA...with NORMA TAC it shoots sub MOA if I do my part...it's the most accurate rifle I've ever owned Smile

I'm well pleased with Ballistic Advantage.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
I have a BA 5.5 barrel on my 9mm. I bought it when they first started making the 9mm barrels, so the feed cone had to be re-cut. Other than that hiccup, it is accurate as hell, finish is excellent. If I build another AR, it will most likely have a BA barrel on it.

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Awesome, thanks for the replies.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
My go-to now for builds because they're VERY well-made, affordable and stand behind their product. They were the OEM for AeroPrecision and now AP owns them.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post