SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Handled a CZ Scorpion ... may sell all my ARs now!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handled a CZ Scorpion ... may sell all my ARs now! Login/Join 
easy money
posted
Hello!

Went shooting with friends today. Put a lot of rounds through his 9mm CZ Scorpion. It has a red dot on it. Anything inside 50 yards was a breeze to hit. My wife loved it too and she’s not a gun lover like I am. I’ve been thinking about building an AR in 9 mm so I can stock pile one caliber. Now I’m thinking about getting rid of my ARs completely and replacing them with CZ Scorpions.

What are your thoughts on this firearm?

Thank you,

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
There is a lot of aftermarket support for the gun, so that is nice and mags are cheap. I have the micro (converted, it was the original version when I bought it) and it is my go to house gun. It has a red dot and light mounted and it is absolutely rock solid, so good it is boring at times.

Now that said, I am not ready to get rid of my ARs Big Grin

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It's on my shortlist for my next rifle purchase.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Unless all your ARs are in 9mm, I wouldn't get rid of all of them.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine has one, it convinced me I need one. But I just bought two Garands, so my new gun purchase is tapped.

LGS had one for $830, which sounds reasonable. I think the current political and social climate justifies the need for for a smaller sized, high capacity sub.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have one that I've jumped through the 922r and NFA hoops and SBRd. It is a great little weapon.

I wouldn't sell your ARs. You never know what ammo calibers will be available. For example, I have a friend who was going to sell his .40 S&W Beretta Cx4 Storm. He decided not to as he can still find .40 but not 9mm right now. 223, 9mm, .40 S&W, you never know what may or may not be available at any given time.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

Yep. There's stuff than an AR in a rifle caliber can do that the 9mm Scorpion cannot.

However, I'm a big fan of the Scorpion. It's definitely a hoot to shoot. I have a pistol version with a Tailhook brace, and it sees a lot of plinking use.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello!

Thank you for the input thus far. I can see the rationale for keeping my AR.

It was amazing and I will be buying one soon.

Thank you again!

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who absolutely loves his. I've never shot it. I have a 9mm AR that is great. I'd shoot both before committing.

If you are any where near Orlando FL you can shoot my 9mm AR.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I’m a fan.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mpx is one of my favorites and the Cz scorpion is on my list of firearms to get next. I’m just waiting on the gun craze to calm down and see them readily available again

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
I've had one for a month and I think it may be my "coolest" gun now.

Got mine from TGS when it was just magically in stock one day.

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I just picked mine up the other day. Haven’t even had the chance to clean and lube it yet much less shoot it. I have fondled it for awhile and like the way everything feels and functions so far.

Have a Sig MSR green dot on the way for it. Plan on doing the safety swap out, extended charging handle and make it lefty friendly. The safety and charging handle flaws are so obvious that it must be CZ’s way of supporting the aftermarket companies. Want to sling it too if anyone has suggestion on a sling set up I’m all ears. Mine is the carbine.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

Yep. There's stuff than an AR in a rifle caliber can do that the 9mm Scorpion cannot.

Bingo. A long barrel 9mm is still a pistol caliber. An AR-15 in 223 is a rifle.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Very fun gun to shoot.
I bought one when they first came out.
Went with the 922r kit and NFA Tax stamp to SBR it.

Setup fairly similar to SigM4’s photo.
However, I replaced the safety select with the HBI AK style.
Think I went with the long style on the Rh side and mini AK on the left.
Definitely more fun to shoot than an AR.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Very fun gun to shoot.
I bought one when they first came out.
Went with the 922r kit and NFA Tax stamp to SBR it.

Setup fairly similar to SigM4’s photo.
However, I replaced the safety select with the HBI AK style.
Think I went with the long style on the Rh side and mini AK on the left.
Definitely more fun to shoot than an AR.

That's the safety set up I think I am going with how do you like it so far? I don't want to make it totally lefty so I don't want to safety delete. Also plan on putting the factory charging handle on the right side and going with the switchback charging handle on the left.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

Scorpion Micro w/ SBPDW brace. Took off the faux suppressor, put on a 3-lug muzzle device. Also replaced grip with a YetiWorks, safety levers, charging handle, trigger and springs, with HB stuff, also a paddle mag release.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm "into" these type of 9mm guns. The scorpion is a very nice mid point between price and aftermarket and capability etc. But there are a zillion other ones and many of them, to me, are far better than the CZ. But sometimes with prices that match. IN any case the point of this is maybe to go shoot a few of the other alternatives and see what you like/don't like. In the end I think an AR9 is the most basic first thing to have as its so completely fungible to what you want.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10970 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely a fan...

Posts: 1694 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post