SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Do you stake or use blue Loctite on AR-15 buffer tube?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you stake or use blue Loctite on AR-15 buffer tube? Login/Join 
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ed308:
I've never staked or used Blue Loctite since my first build in the early 90's and never had one come loose. I do stake carrier keys.

I've never been in an accident but I always wear my seatbelt. Wink

It takes like 5 seconds to do properly for peace of mind. No good reason not to do it but IMO

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Neither

https://primaryweapons.com/sto...nd-plate-castle-nut/

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:
Neither

Do you know how many cheap-skates would have a stroke over seeing the price of that?

Razz Big Grin

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
It is the same reason that the carrier keys are staked.

Not a fan of that either.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:

So do you at least witness mark the bolts?

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:
Neither

Do you know how many cheap-skates would have a stroke over seeing the price of that?

Razz Big Grin

No doubt. Just an option not discussed.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
I properly stake all of my working/fighting rifles - anything that is more for fun or I may be changing parts out like my 9mm ARs just get properly torqued.

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Seriously? What do you suggest? I have had a key come loose in a factory rifle and start short stroking cause the key wasn't staked. Can't fathom why you would be against that...

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You're kidding right?

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Neither

That looks great. Have you used one?

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
p

Hey! You stake it, just the way God intended it! Eek Next.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stake. I have had castle nuts loosen on my FA M16 after solely using blue loctite and proper torque.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post