SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Number 50
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Number 50 Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
My email to DT:

quote:

I got the rifle back today (yay!).

Took it out to the range this evening and dumped about 2 mags through it (didn’t have much time).
Zero light primer strikes - however that damn pin still walks out (pics attached).
I checked the inside once I got home - I don’t see any damage like I had last time.

Is this normal? Should I just expect this pin to walk out like this?
Or will I be back in the same boat I was in before after I dump another 200 or so rounds through it?

Is there any way to maybe replace that pin with a screw/nut combo instead?

And included pictures:

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
DTA reply:

quote:

There shouldn’t be any problem with replacing the takedown pin with a screw and nut combination but I would advise you to be careful to not overtighten it because you could damage the receiver by applying too much pressure.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Is it just me... or does this feel like a pretty half-ass way to handle warranty for a $2500 rifle?

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Man, I feel for you man, the shit storm you're having to put up with for something that was meant to be so special ... But one thing about it, you know your girlfriends heart is in the right place for getting such an expensive gift!

It may be time to email the owner and cc everyone in the company a link to this thread, explain the circumstances and all the shit you've had to go through and ask the owner/principal (whoever the top dog is) for help or alternatives

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
Is it just me... or does this feel like a pretty half-ass way to handle warranty for a $2500 rifle?

After shooting a couple of DTA sbolt-actions that other students brought to precision rifle training courses, I quickly knew that the brand -- and its conceptional layout -- wasn't for me. Given that DTAs are virtually absent from precision/tactical/steel competition is telling, IMO.

It's your gun and your choice, but I wouldn't own it.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post