SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Benelli M4 SBS - Worth it?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli M4 SBS - Worth it? Login/Join 
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted
So I am debating on buying a Benelli M4 SBS with LE stock on it.

The shotgun is $2099, is it worth buying? Then the one year wait...

What are you thoughts?

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
How much is the 4in worth? The full size with the adjustable stock is one of my favorites.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Man.. that's just a hell of a lot for a SBS.

BUT: I say if you can afford it and its what you really want. F'ing get it. You only live once.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanted one as well but decided against it. I could not justify the 4" like Andyb said. I have the H2O with adjustable stock and love it.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i'm going with a no vote

do you own any night vision or thermal ?

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
i'm going with a no vote

Older night vision like 10 years old, and no on the thermal.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I want it, just dont know if I $2099 plus another $200 for tax stamp want it.

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
The only thing that would be complicate it, is off loading an NFA item, more hoops and paperwork.

But, there is a lot of cool factor to be had in a SBS, let alone an M4 sbs

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GroundedCLK:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
i'm going with a no vote

Older night vision like 10 years old, and no on the thermal.

if you have a solid gun collection - i feel like modern night vision / thermal are wise acquisitions

you can only shoot one gun at a time anyway

currently looking to add in that area

-----------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Not worth it IMHO.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a shotgun expert, but really wonder what this does that an 18" 870 or 11-87 doesn't at less than half the price with no stamp.

I'm seriously asking.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Unless you enjoy and shoot shotgun often, not remotely worth it.

I have an 590A1 SBS (LE Trade in) for $400 shipped plus $200 tax. I have owned in nearly a decade and shoot it maybe once a year, if that.

I owned a Benelli M2 for a couple years (non-SBS) and eventually sold it off, because I really don't enjoy shotguns.

Still have the 590 and a nonSBS version, just because, but I have maybe $1K total in both.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigforever
posted Hide Post
Bought a Benelli M4 entry SBS several years ago for almost the exact same price. Same adjustable stock, same semi-auto action.

For those that don't own this exact model, you may not understand its attraction. Don't let these nay-sayers influence your decision. This gun is fantastic. Short barrel and adjustable stock = bad ass room clearing gun with semi-auto benelli dependability. Put a 1,000 lumen torch on this stick, a good red-dot and 00 in the tube. Anybody unlucky enough to be in its path will pay a very dear price.

If this is what you want, go for it. You can't clear a room near as easy with a full size.

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." - Neil Armstrong.

Posts: 235 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I keep looking at them simply because I don't own one. I know if I buy one it will end up being a "What did I buy this for?" gun. (I have an M2, SBE, Super Nova and 16 other shotguns.. so I sure don't need it) But my desire to learn is strong.

I keep looking at used ones. The $1200 mark is where I start getting the itchy mouse finger. They're sure as hell not worth more to me. What really holds me up at 12-1300 is I know what I else I could buy with that money, or what custom work I could have done for that money, rather than some box stock off the shelf one trick pony shotgun that's only good at a game I don't play. And yet... Wink

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
We have very similar taste. I almost was to the point of ordering one and finally talked myself off the ledge. While they are sweet, with the current wait times and overall expense, I decided it wasn't worth it. A non-NFA one will be my next purchase.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PM sent to CAS as I have a SBS I may sell.

Posts: 2558 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Class 2 designed and made a 7 1/2 or 8” bbl that was 2+1 12 gauge, Mossberg. It could be carried in an Eagle shoulder holster as my Mp5k-pdw

On the latter, I could carry a gemtech suppressor on the off side as well, easily concealing either under a rain coat and the mp5-k was a converted SP-89 that was listed on my concealed carry permit (Years later the state law was amended to disallow full auto weapons as a concealed carry weapon).

Now, I have a SBS Benelli Entry factory 14” bbl shotgun.

All of these are fun to play with tsrget shooting and in a close defensive encounter would be significant.

As with all firearms, each has its place depending on the situation. The SBS Mosberg I had was before Serbu designs came out. Twelve gauge in such a small package was not fun to shoot, however, as the recoil was tough on your wrist!

Robert

Posts: 2558 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
<-- Lives in no NFA land.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I would have to say you guys have convinced me to not buy a Benelli M4 SBS, I am however going to buy a SBS though just this one instead

$1299 instead of $2099

posted Hide Post
Yes

Posts: 363 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post