SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Benelli M4 SBS - Worth it?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli M4 SBS - Worth it? Login/Join 
Picture of jamaicanj
posted Hide Post
Worth it??? Hmmm, it depends on what excites you. I have a Tromix Saiga SBS that I custom ordered because I had to have it. I don't think I have taken it to the range more than 3 times. Yes, it is a lot of fun, but so are a lot of my other firearms.

Take stock of what you already have. If money is not an issue, then go ahead and get it. If money is a factor, consider just how often you plan to actually utilize the SBS.

Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!
Glock Cert. Armorer & GSSF Member

Posts: 707 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both.

The SBS is great fun, and just cool as hell. That only matters if you value such things....I happen to.

If for whatever reason I needed to bug out with something compact and 12 ga, for sure it is the first on the list. I have no regrets on the price, and the subsequent upgrades to make sure it is 922r compliant, even if that might not apply.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Despite the hassle of a tax stamp, IMHO the SBS is worth it for putting the center of gravity closer to the body.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
Like the M2 entry in 14 inch barrel. About
$1050.00 just as good. I love that gun.

Shots every load to small bird shot low recoil 00 buck slug . You name it can cycle everything.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GroundedCLK:
So I am debating on buying a Benelli M4 SBS with LE stock on it.

The shotgun is $2099, is it worth buying? Then the one year wait...

What are you thoughts?

If, by some chance, you're LE, DSG Arms has law enforcement pricing on these if you email them. It's more than enough saved to pay for your tax stamp. Not sure if that's actually LE only or if it includes fire fighters, EMTs, military and all of the other people most of those programs include.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GroundedCLK:
So I am debating on buying a Benelli M4 SBS with LE stock on it.

The shotgun is $2099, is it worth buying? Then the one year wait...

What are you thoughts?

I had to wait 6 months, and it was absolutely worth it.

Posts: 1372 | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had mine out this weekend. What a hoot!

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post