SIGforum
Benelli M4 SBS - Worth it?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2990013744

September 21, 2018, 02:06 PM
GroundedCLK
Benelli M4 SBS - Worth it?
So I am debating on buying a Benelli M4 SBS with LE stock on it.

The shotgun is $2099, is it worth buying? Then the one year wait...

What are you thoughts?
September 21, 2018, 02:11 PM
Andyb
How much is the 4in worth? The full size with the adjustable stock is one of my favorites.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
September 21, 2018, 02:23 PM
myrottiety
Man.. that's just a hell of a lot for a SBS.

BUT: I say if you can afford it and its what you really want. F'ing get it. You only live once.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
September 21, 2018, 05:17 PM
Blue Dog
I wanted one as well but decided against it. I could not justify the 4" like Andyb said. I have the H2O with adjustable stock and love it.
September 21, 2018, 07:39 PM
Sig209
i'm going with a no vote

do you own any night vision or thermal ?

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
September 22, 2018, 03:11 AM
GroundedCLK
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
i'm going with a no vote

Older night vision like 10 years old, and no on the thermal.
September 22, 2018, 03:14 AM
GroundedCLK
I want it, just dont know if I $2099 plus another $200 for tax stamp want it.
September 22, 2018, 06:13 AM
jjkroll32
The only thing that would be complicate it, is off loading an NFA item, more hoops and paperwork.

But, there is a lot of cool factor to be had in a SBS, let alone an M4 sbs

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight
September 22, 2018, 07:32 AM
Sig209
quote:
Originally posted by GroundedCLK:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
i'm going with a no vote

Older night vision like 10 years old, and no on the thermal.

if you have a solid gun collection - i feel like modern night vision / thermal are wise acquisitions

you can only shoot one gun at a time anyway

currently looking to add in that area

-----------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
September 22, 2018, 08:56 AM
IndianaBoy
Not worth it IMHO.
September 22, 2018, 11:28 AM
MNSIG
I'm not a shotgun expert, but really wonder what this does that an 18" 870 or 11-87 doesn't at less than half the price with no stamp.

I'm seriously asking.
September 22, 2018, 03:57 PM
RHINOWSO
Unless you enjoy and shoot shotgun often, not remotely worth it.

I have an 590A1 SBS (LE Trade in) for $400 shipped plus $200 tax. I have owned in nearly a decade and shoot it maybe once a year, if that.

I owned a Benelli M2 for a couple years (non-SBS) and eventually sold it off, because I really don't enjoy shotguns.

Still have the 590 and a nonSBS version, just because, but I have maybe $1K total in both.
September 22, 2018, 09:53 PM
sigforever
Bought a Benelli M4 entry SBS several years ago for almost the exact same price. Same adjustable stock, same semi-auto action.

For those that don't own this exact model, you may not understand its attraction. Don't let these nay-sayers influence your decision. This gun is fantastic. Short barrel and adjustable stock = bad ass room clearing gun with semi-auto benelli dependability. Put a 1,000 lumen torch on this stick, a good red-dot and 00 in the tube. Anybody unlucky enough to be in its path will pay a very dear price.

If this is what you want, go for it. You can't clear a room near as easy with a full size.

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." - Neil Armstrong.
September 23, 2018, 12:17 AM
cas
I keep looking at them simply because I don't own one. I know if I buy one it will end up being a "What did I buy this for?" gun. (I have an M2, SBE, Super Nova and 16 other shotguns.. so I sure don't need it) But my desire to learn is strong.

I keep looking at used ones. The $1200 mark is where I start getting the itchy mouse finger. They're sure as hell not worth more to me. What really holds me up at 12-1300 is I know what I else I could buy with that money, or what custom work I could have done for that money, rather than some box stock off the shelf one trick pony shotgun that's only good at a game I don't play. And yet... Wink

September 24, 2018, 10:34 AM
Killer Instincts
We have very similar taste. I almost was to the point of ordering one and finally talked myself off the ledge. While they are sweet, with the current wait times and overall expense, I decided it wasn't worth it. A non-NFA one will be my next purchase.

September 24, 2018, 10:35 AM
tschiemer
PM sent to CAS as I have a SBS I may sell.
September 24, 2018, 11:10 AM
tschiemer
A Class 2 designed and made a 7 1/2 or 8” bbl that was 2+1 12 gauge, Mossberg. It could be carried in an Eagle shoulder holster as my Mp5k-pdw

On the latter, I could carry a gemtech suppressor on the off side as well, easily concealing either under a rain coat and the mp5-k was a converted SP-89 that was listed on my concealed carry permit (Years later the state law was amended to disallow full auto weapons as a concealed carry weapon).

Now, I have a SBS Benelli Entry factory 14” bbl shotgun.

All of these are fun to play with tsrget shooting and in a close defensive encounter would be significant.

As with all firearms, each has its place depending on the situation. The SBS Mosberg I had was before Serbu designs came out. Twelve gauge in such a small package was not fun to shoot, however, as the recoil was tough on your wrist!

Robert
September 24, 2018, 11:41 AM
cas
<-- Lives in no NFA land.
September 25, 2018, 10:19 AM
GroundedCLK
I would have to say you guys have convinced me to not buy a Benelli M4 SBS, I am however going to buy a SBS though just this one instead

$1299 instead of $2099
September 25, 2018, 11:44 AM
18Z50
Yes