SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger 10/22 magazine loader - Recommendations Please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 10/22 magazine loader - Recommendations Please Login/Join 
posted
Wanted to ask for personal recommendations from SIGForum members as to what loader you would recommend I purchase to make the loading of my Ruger 10/22 - 10 round mags because loading these things by hand is wearing my fingers to a nub....Thanks...Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have a Butler Creek that I use, but I had to make some shims to feed shorter ammo like CB longs.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Butler Creek one as well. It isn't perfect, you sometimes have to jiggle it to get the rounds to slide into and down the loading chute......but it is a hell of a lot better than loading them by hand.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I've been curious about the loaders as well.

I only have two of the 25s and one of the factory 10 rd mags. I am not sure which I prefer more. The 10 rd is so much more compact than the 15 or 25.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mars and Jimmy - Thanks guys. Just ordered me a Butler Creek unit to try. Appreciate you taking time to reply to my ask.....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They have them in stock at Cabellas and Bass Pro.

There is a HUGE Bass Pro in Pearl and while you're there, drop by Penns Seafood.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Used a Butler Creek and it works well enough. I'm not sure anyone could make a better one that worked much better. It's quirks are probably just due to what they're trying to do. It worked well enough for me, never any real issues.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post