SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CBC Build Kit Advice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CBC Build Kit Advice Login/Join 
Picture of Gambit
posted
I ordered this kit yesterday and will be picking between a stripped Anderson M15 or an Aero Gen 2 lower today.
Any specific advice for those familiar with these makes and models?

https://www.cbcindustries.com/...-15-lower-parts-kit/

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer aero

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I’ll probably get slammed for this but here goes anyway ... Most lowers are pretty equal although I’ve heard of more Anderson’s being out of “spec” than any other ... pick one with a logo you like ... that being said, I’ve never cared for the Anderson, even at their dirt cheap prices so I’ve never bought one... the only out of spec receiver I’ve ever had was an old pre-ban Olympic ... in order to push the rear pin in I’d have to set it on a table or bench, and exert pressure, I mean really squeeze it ... on the up side it didn’t rattle but I worried the detente would break the side of the receiver if I didn’t get it squeezed tight enough.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimberkid,

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I’ll probably get slammed for this but here goes anyway ... Most lowers are pretty equal although I’ve heard of more Anderson’s being out of “spec” than any other ... pick one with a logo you like ... that being said, I’ve never cared for the Anderson, even at their dirt cheap prices so I’ve never bought one... the only out of spec receiver I’ve ever had was an old pre-ban Olympic ... in order to push the rear pin in I’d have to set it on a Ben, table etc exert pressure and really squeeze it ... on the up side it didn’t rattle but I worried the detent would break the receiver if I didn’t get it squeezed tight enough. The

I have heard the same, I have handled probably 100 anderson lowers on guns. I have yet to see or feel anything wildly out of spec. I think most of those saying andersons they have are out of spec are sloppy home assembled jobs.

I prefer aero as i used to live in seattle. Hands down, that is the only reason why. I could give you 100 other subjective justifications for Aero P. Nothing i can quantify with facts.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
I go Aero as well... fit & finish and some of their extra touches is Nice !

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Thanks, y'all.
Went with the Aero Gen2.
Including the vice-block and one P-Mag I have all that is needed to start and complete this budget build for $420 (unless I break something Smile)

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Completed the project today.
The finished lower mates up really tight with the pre-assembled CBC upper.
The upper arrived with a flawless finish. I had read earlier posts about blemishes, poorly finished crowns and canted gas blocks. None of this is evident on this upper although it took about 20 minutes to clean the bore.
It does sound scratchy when working the action, but it is a budget build.
So far it is as expected.