SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG/Magpul ACS Stock assistance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG/Magpul ACS Stock assistance Login/Join 
posted
Hive...the cheek weld on my ACS just doesn't cut it. Anyone have any aftermarket suggestions? Right now I'm running more like a "chin" weld...

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Chin meaning the comb is too wide, or meaning that you don't have enough height to see your sights/optics?

If it's the former, drop that brick for a standard stock.

If it's the latter you're possibly using a high mount when you should not.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
Chin meaning the comb is too wide, or meaning that you don't have enough height to see your sights/optics?

If it's the former, drop that brick for a standard stock.

If it's the latter you're possibly using a high mount when you should not.

Too high...without removing the sights(SIG 716)a standard scope by itself is 12-14" long. Add a sunshade and now you're 15" or so. The 716 only has a 10" handguard so now I'm on top of the front sight. Need a high mount + a 1/2" riser on the upper to clear....I could get by if I removed my irons but I hate to ditch my backups...

Administrator
posted Hide Post
MAGPUL CTR + LaRue RISR may get you the height you need:

http://www.larue.com/larue-tac...g-inline-stock-riser

(the link is just for the RISR, price does not include CTR).

It's always possible to outdistance your cheekpiece with a super-high mount. But this is one of the best solutions I've seen given the typical AR's rear-mounted charging handle.

The other is mounting a delta cheekpiece on a fixed stock. I don't like fixed stocks (particularly A2 stocks) so this solution has never been a big hit with me, but it is available.

CTR + RISR is going to keep your rifle compact and change its character the least.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks... just hate loosin' the ACS. It's kinda like "matching numbers" on a car...lol

Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Offset the backups at 45 degrees or just ditch them entirely.

I understand the concept behind back up irons, but they become largely useless if they cause a problem with your primary sighting system, considering the small chance they will ever actually be used because your primary optic actually went down.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post