SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A TPD car ambushed, an example from 1980 0f shotgun damage to a cruiser
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A TPD car ambushed, an example from 1980 0f shotgun damage to a cruiser Login/Join 
Let's be careful
out there
posted
shotgun rounds

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LtJL,

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
July 2016... about something that happened in December 1980.

Your post is lacking.... a few things.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Man I wish I could go back in time... I'd take state.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
cas, my point is that a shotgun will tear up a police car as well as an AR, when the shotgun is stoked with 00 or slugs. Ican see how the title makes it seem current. ouI'll change it.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
He says the doors stopped a lot of the impact

Impressive

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The picture looks bad, but based on the number of hits with five shots, the shotgun shells must have been loaded with relatively small shot, and that was lucky for the officers. Even 00 buckshot might not have perforated the car doors, but would probably have caused much more severe wounds. A rifle, though, would have been a far different matter; it’s very unlikely that we’d be reading a report like this from someone who was hit between the eyes or in the head and neck with any AR bullet.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

oh yeah? how far could you throw the pigskin?

---------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess would be #4 Buck or something similar, way too many hits for a 00 in 5 shots.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:

I bet he could throw it over those mountains.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
if what you are trying to express is that police cars (and any car for that matter) are not bulletproof....

you are right.

Cars are made of thin sheet metal even aluminium nowadays.

I personally have shot many different brands of cars and with different ammo and calibers... (a guy used to donate dead cars to the PD I worked at)

The only "safe" place in a car being shot at, is laying on the ground behind a turned tired with steel rims...otherwise being in a car being shot at is like hiding behind a beer can....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:

Uncle Rico, is that you?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post