SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Tóngzhì, Tovarishch, Soudruh, everyone needs a comrade.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tóngzhì, Tovarishch, Soudruh, everyone needs a comrade. Login/Join 
Picture of arcwelder76
posted

Chinese, Russian, Czech. I've got a nice slice of commie steel. Done though. No interest in the garbage rod or anything more exotic. It's worth having one example in your stable. An SKS at least, perhaps an AK. The VZ-58 is what every AK should be in my humble opinion, though it's not technically an AK.

Arc.

"Like a bitter weed, I'm a bad seed"- Johnny Cash

"I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel." - Pee Wee Herman

Rode hard, put away wet. RIP JHM

"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 26229 | Location: Love that dirty water, oh | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post

Had to pull all my commie guns out for a group picture too.

The AK is a Romanian WASR I bought when I turned 18. Kinda wish I'd gotten an SKS, but the AWB was still on so I didn't know what the availability of an AK was gonna look like in 9 months. Plus it came with a 40 round magazine.

Then of course there's the Makarov, CZ52, and Nagant revolver, and my two garbage rod Moist Nuggets, 91/30, and M38 carbine, that one's my favorite.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16109 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

(Ok, so those last two aren't technically "commie", but they are built on Russian receivers.)

quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
The VZ-58 is what every AK should be in my humble opinion, though it's not technically an AK.

Agreed, at least as far as the better magazine design and the last round bolt hold open feature.

And my Vz. 58 is more accurate than any of the AKs I've owned, though I don't know if that holds true across the grand scheme of things.

But I doubt the Vz. 58 is as ruggedly reliable and idiot/neglect proof as the AK, though.

Posts: 23592 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arcwelder76
posted Hide Post
I don't see why it wouldn't be as robust as the AK. But I also think the AKs reliability is badly overstated.

Arc.

Posts: 26229 | Location: Love that dirty water, oh | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arcwelder76
posted Hide Post

Arc.