SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Checked zero's today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Checked zero's today Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
Me and my son went to the local public range to check zero on our ARs.
I'm bad about moving optics around on different rifles, and couldn't remember what was sighted in and what wasn't.

Range was packed, its a local state forest that we affectionately call Mogadishu State Park.
Pretty much a running gun battle all day with more mag dumps than you can count.

The son is just a couple months out of boot camp and currently in the Marine Reserves.

He qualified expert, but still can't outshoot the old man from the bench.
Prone, standing or under stress and he'd eat my lunch I'm sure.

It was mostly an older crowd today, and not too wild.
Everyone has the same idea as us, function check and zeroing in.
Had to wait a while to even get a bench.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice work. I had 3 rifles that needed a zeroing this winter, but got it done over the Christmas holidays with my son.

I HATE having a rifle in the safe without a zero, as I consider it essentially useless until getting a zero at range.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I’ve been doing much of the same. Luckily I have a little range set up in the back pasture. Never have to wait for a spot.
I’ve also inventoried ammo and updated what goes on the list for when things get quiet again.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I’m pretty good on ammo, quantity wise anyway

Definitely going to invest is some premium defense ammo for the ARs and standardize on that

Plenty of 193 and 855 will do for now

Same thing for 9mm, luckily my primary handguns, beretta 92 and Glock 19, will eat anything
Gonna find a good deal and buy a couple cases
Have plenty of fmj, and a hodgepodge of hp

Biggest change will be ordering VCAS slings per direct order from my young Marine

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’ve always got a few ready to go. When I want to hit something a ways out I grab one of my prairie dogging rifles.

One technique I employ is a road-kill deer carcass in the back field in the Winter, 100 yards out. It’s a chip shot for the 204 Ruger or one of the 223’s with the higher powered scope.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I zeroed a rifle I built out of parts and checked function and zero on my HD gun on Friday. Now seems as good a time as any to make sure anything I grab in the safe is ready to go.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Set up an 11.5” BCM pistol w brace, T1, Surefire and DD backup irons to carry everywhere. Zeroed at 50 yards. Got it dialed in dead on.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post