SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Kel-Tec Sub 2000 Gen2 recall
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kel-Tec Sub 2000 Gen2 recall Login/Join 
Picture of iron chef
posted
I know there are at least a few Sub2K owners on SF. Even if you don't own one, maybe this recall affects other shooters you know. It is a popular gun. Always good to pass the word along. Kel-Tec announced this recall yesterday.

IMPORTANT SUB-2000 SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

Posts: 3183 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Whew! "Your product is not affected by the recall."

Thank you for posting that iron chef. I will send the link to my best friend; he just bought one about 3 weeks ago.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Whew! "Your product is not affected by the recall."

Thank you for posting that iron chef. I will send the link to my best friend; he just bought one about 3 weeks ago.

Glad to help, and glad you're unaffected. I on other hand... Frown

Posts: 3183 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this iron chef. Mine to is not effected.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had my Dad give me his serial # and he was good and I have to check mine this weekend, but we both bought ours at the end of 2016 right before the election so I don't think this is an issue for me either.

From what I understand this affects a run produced in 2017, right?

Posts: 33749 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
From what I understand this affects a run produced in 2017, right?

That's what I read PASig. I bought mine in Feb, 2018 but not sure when it was made.

My best friend's is part of the recall and he just bought his 3 weeks ago.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sweet Chuckie
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot, iron chef. Happily, mine isn't affected.

Posts: 250 | Location: White Sulphur Springs, MT | Registered: December 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Mine's not on the list. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spieler
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. I don't own one, but I've passed this along to a buddy who does.

Posts: 2433 | Location: ATL South OTP | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Frown Never even shot mine...guess that's a good thing!!!!

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Anyone know how long it takes to get a return label yet?

I put in for one yesterday via email and haven't yet received it.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I put in for a return label last Wednesday and got an email yesterday. I shipped mine late afternoon yesterday. I'm hoping for a quick turnaround.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Mine's not on the list. Thanks for posting.

+1

Smile

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I put in for one around 11am ET 3 Apr 18 and still haven't gotten the email they said would be out shortly.

On Tuesday I will resubmit, request it mailed to my house along with a box.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Ahhh shit...

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Checked mine I am not affected. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 123 | Registered: July 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I sent mine off yesterday. we will see how long the turnaround is!!

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I sent mine back to Kel-Tec on 4/4 and got it back 4/14. 10 day turnaround time wasn't bad at all. They even included a new mag for my trouble. Unfortunately it was a neutered 10 round G17 mag, but freebie nevertheless.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update parrish. I requested a shipping label via snail mail and still haven't received it yet.

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
It took a bit over a week to get my label. At a week and a day, I made a secons request for a label. At the 1.5 week mark, both labels showed up via email.

I shouldn't have requested a second label as their site says it could take 2 weeks to get a label.

The rifle has been with them since the 14th. Will let you know when it returns.