SIGforum
Picked up my sheriff Dept 200 anniversary lower today

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2820036264

October 30, 2019, 06:13 PM
kg5388
Picked up my sheriff Dept 200 anniversary lower today
Just got my new lower in. 2020 is the 200 anniversary of the Shelby County Sheriff dept and to commemorate it they had 200 stripped lowers made. One of the options was a complete lower with a magpul kit. Got mine in and managed to snag number 30.

https://i.imgur.com/J8F8VjY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/y1KoVxz.jpg

October 30, 2019, 08:51 PM
357fuzz
That is cool. I should propose something like that for my department.
October 30, 2019, 09:14 PM
kg5388
Are the pictures gigantic or is it just my phone?

October 30, 2019, 10:19 PM
dusty3030
quote:
Originally posted by kg5388:

Big, but not obnoxious. On my laptop you barely have to scroll over.

Didn't know we had a Shelby County officer on here. Howdy neighbor. I'm in Somerville area now but still work downtown. I get to see all of Shelby County east to west then west to east every day.
October 30, 2019, 10:45 PM
kg5388
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
quote:

Big, but not obnoxious. On my laptop you barely have to scroll over.

Didn't know we had a Shelby County officer on here. Howdy neighbor. I'm in Somerville area now but still work downtown. I get to see all of Shelby County east to west then west to east every day.

Retired medic, I was with the emergency services dept not a deputy. But howdy, I’m up your way all the time. Tell you what you just won an instant karma. When they come in you won a 200th anniversary sheriff challenge coin. I’ll let you know when they come in and we can meet up for dinner somewhere or we can dinner and shoot at Top Gun.

Top Gun range

October 30, 2019, 11:03 PM
dusty3030
Wow! Thanks. Will take you up on it. I'm a member out at MSSA but I haven't shot at Top Gun yet (I had been to the place that was formerly there a few times). Will Dougan invited me to come try it out as well so I reckon it's about time I stopped in and checked them out.
October 31, 2019, 08:07 AM
El Cid 92
Huh... two more nearby Shelby county residents.

I'm over in Collierville. I mostly shoot at K&M Precision Rifle in Finger, TN.

Great looking lower.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.
October 31, 2019, 04:57 PM
Ronin101
I like the idea. but the decal seems cheap. I suppose laser etching was too expensive? Palmetto did them?
October 31, 2019, 05:58 PM
kg5388
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
I like the idea. but the decal seems cheap. I suppose laser etching was too expensive? Palmetto did them?

The lowers are from palmetto state armory but they were laser etched by mid south laser and engraving and the magazines were hydro dipped.

January 27, 2020, 12:53 PM
kg5388
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
Wow! Thanks. Will take you up on it. I'm a member out at MSSA but I haven't shot at Top Gun yet (I had been to the place that was formerly there a few times). Will Dougan invited me to come try it out as well so I reckon it's about time I stopped in and checked them out.

Got the coins in. Shoot me an email so we can set something up to go shoot or meet up so I can get you your coin

January 27, 2020, 01:04 PM
fritz
quote:
Just got my new lower in. 2020 is the 200 anniversary of the Shelby County Sheriff dept and to commemorate it they had 200 stripped lowers made.

Nice. The engraving looks classy and well done.
January 27, 2020, 05:20 PM
Slippery Pete
Pretty slick. I like the mags too.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/
February 04, 2020, 11:28 AM
Anubismp
Thats cool as hell for a bunch of reasons.
February 07, 2020, 06:48 PM
CQB60
That is very nice work!