SIGforum
Trijicon MRO flip cover, for ocular end?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2820028534

January 07, 2018, 06:26 PM
c1steve
Trijicon MRO flip cover, for ocular end?
I have the Tango Down cover, but want something where the lens caps flip down, not to the side. Trijicon has an objective cover, the AC31016 flip cap, but I would like a cover for the ocular end as well.

Is there anything out there that flips down for the ocular end, or both ends? Ideally a flip cap that has a clear center.

-c1steve
January 07, 2018, 06:59 PM
RogueJSK
The standard MRO doesn't allows for the attachment of an ocular lens cover. There's just not enough there for a traditional slip-on lens cover to hang onto.

With a standard MRO, a Tango Down cover really is your best option for lens covers. Unless you absolutely have to have covers that flip up/down.

Another option is to replace your mount with something like the GG&G MRO mount, which has a rear lens cover built in. https://www.gggaz.com/quick-de...mro-scope-mount.html

Or, the new MRO Patrol is designed with flip covers on both ends. So you could sell your MRO and put the funds towards a MRO Patrol.

January 07, 2018, 07:26 PM
c1steve
Rogue,

Thanks for the comments. I did not realize that there was a Patrol version. As you recommended, my best option would be to sell my current MRO, and buy the Pro.

It is amazing to see the new quality optics and firearms that continue to become available. We live in an opportunistic time.
-----------
Edit: Do you know when the MRO PRO is expected to become available?

-c1steve
January 07, 2018, 07:33 PM
RogueJSK
The MRO Patrol is available now. Came out about a year ago.
January 07, 2018, 08:59 PM
c1steve
Thanks. I erred and searched for MRO PRO instead, could not find it.

MRO Patrol, got it.

-c1steve
January 12, 2018, 11:08 AM
dry-fly
I have the GG&G mount pointed out above. No complaints, it works well..if you already have a non patrol version.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...