SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Winchester 1907 .351 fans?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 1907 .351 fans? Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
Any other Winchester 1907 .351 fans?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one. As best I can figure it was made in the late 1950's. I have had it for about 35 years. I think it is a police model. It came with two 10 round magazines. I got 4 or 5 boxes of ammo with it. I used to go to gun shows and find occasional boxes of ammo for it. I probably have about 10 boxes now. The last time I saw any ammo for it, I was in an old gun store and they had 2 boxes. They wanted $25.00 each for them. I thought it was too expensive and did not buy it. I went home and did some research and found out that was a good price. I went back a few days later and it was gone. When I first got the rifle I shot it 3 or 4 times, probably about 200 rounds. It was fun, not super accurate, but a neat old gun. I have not shot it in years. I should run a few rounds thru it, just to refresh my memory.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing.

Have you replaced the buffer?

The fit and finish is from days gone by. The wood and the metal is really nicely finished.

A few years ago, they could be had for a couple of hundred dollars. Not so today.

The magazines are very pricey as well. 10 round mags often bring over $150.00. 5 Round mags often bring $100.00+.

I hope to get mine out this Thanksgiving.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I had one. And also it's big brother the Model 1910 .401 WSL. I liked the .401 better. We made bullets for the .401 by sizing down .41 Mag 210gr bullets.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like this gun and want one. The LGS has one in about 80% condition. But the last box of ammo I saw was 45 bucks for 20. A bit steep. I read that you can roll your own using .357Max brass. Which I would guess is also scarce.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I have it's baby brother in .22 Winchester Automatic, the 1903...I think they share the same patent even though the 1903 doesn't feed from a detachable magazine. I've always liked the profile of the family.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post