SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anybody use a Kynshot hydraulic buffer tube on a 12 gauge?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody use a Kynshot hydraulic buffer tube on a 12 gauge? Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I just got a Kynshot hydraulic buffer for my Remington 870. I got the SAGE pistol grip and a Magpul CTR for it.

The Kynshot is adjustable. Is it best to make it stiff or softer to reduce the felt recoil?

I'll post some pics later tonight.

Tony

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I would guess soft for recoil reduction in a pump action. But I have never handled one.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Okay, adjusted it for most dampening. It only has three settings.

I installed a SAGE pistol grip and a CTR buttstock. I also installed a Wolff extra power magazine spring which was significantly longer than my stock 870 spring. Hopefully it will cycle full power loads without misfeeding.

If I don't like the Kynshot on the 870, I have plans for it on one of my pistol-gripped M14 configs. All I need now is a forward picatinny rail for a light and a side-saddle and maybe a top rail for a FastFire.

Tony.

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope that thing works for you, because it is just about the fugliest firearm I've every seen. Add some rails and it will likely earn the top prize.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don’t like it get a Knox comp stock. I think black hawk makes them now, but they work well. It was the best thing that I ever did for my 870.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I was originally going to get the Knoxx, but I heard about the cheek slap that some people experience which is why I tried this one.

I know its FUGLY but I just wanted to try it out of curiosity. After I'm done testing it, I'll probably go back to the SGA stock.

Tony.

posted Hide Post
I’ve only gotten cheek slapped a couple times, and while it feels like a good healthy bitch slap it seems to not happen too much if you keep a good cheek weld to the stock. You might also want to try the magpul stock with the big fat pad on it, I tried a buddies and it felt pretty good too

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I took it to the range this weekend and it works! Fired 5 rounds of Remington 3” 1 oz SLUGGER ammunition and 5 rounds of 1-1/4oz sabot slugs @1900 FPS and my shoulder is not red or bruised. It didn’t hurt at all. I’ll try more later but I was impressed.

Tony.

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully it will cycle full power loads without misfeeding.

When has this ever been a problem with an 870???

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Oh, I guess context would be nice. There was a thread about how fast you could cycle your shotgun and I posted a video that showed my shotgun not feeding the next round if I cycled the action too fast under recoil with full power loads. It did better with reduced power loads.

A suggestion was a stiffer magazine spring.

Tony.

posted Hide Post
I have not with this shotgun. Back in late 90's i bought a Benelli nova. I was shooting skeet, 5 stand and grouse hunting. I had added benneli's factory recoil reduction system. It turned out to be like a 5 once mercury filled tube that fitted into the but stock. It worked really well. It also changed the balance of the shotgun when swinging onto targets.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post