SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Favorite scope mounting option for Tikka T3x Laminate
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite scope mounting option for Tikka T3x Laminate Login/Join 
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted
As the title says...what is your favorite scope mounting option for Tikka T3x Laminate?

Santa put a beautiful 6.5 CR under my tree this year. Primary use is as a hunting rifle. Looking at scopes in the 4x-12x / 40mm-44mm family.

Do you guys like rings only or rails and rings?

If so, what specifically?

Thanks in advance.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I had to add a rail on my T3x
The 'rail' on top of the receiver is narrower than required (Weaver/1913 width) for the rings I had.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
For a lightweight hunting setup I prefer the Talley one-piece scope mounts. They bolt directly to the Tikka receiver:

https://www.talleymanufacturin...roduct/tikka-t3-t3x/

If you wanted to instead use a picatinny rail setup I'd go with the Tikka Performance rail since it has a recoil lug that matches with the Tikka receiver. It also has the choices of receiver length or extended length (I prefer receiver length):

https://tikkaperformance.com/p...ries-picatinny-rail/

I'd then top that off with the Seekins rings of your choice:

https://seekinsprecision.com/p...pe-rings-mounts.html

I have both of these setups on a few Tikka rifles and they have all have worked great.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brett. Exactly the type of advice I was looking for.

Did you use low or medium rings?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: x0225095,

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer Weaver type bases and Burris Signature rings on all my rifles. No lapping ever required and not marks of any kind on scope tubes.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you bought the younger brother to mine. I put a DNZ Products Game Reaper on mine to hold a Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm based upon some recommendations of the forum.

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
Talley. And twice on Sundays.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybirdaccountant:
I prefer Weaver type bases and Burris Signature rings on all my rifles. No lapping ever required and not marks of any kind on scope tubes.

Thats my current setup.
Can't remember if I went with medium or high rings to fit the x50 Nikon.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Talley lows will work with a 40mm objective but will be fairly close. It will be fine unless you are running bulky/thick caps. You will need medium height rings for a 50mm scope objective.

I know you didn't ask about scopes, but this Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x42 is what I mounted on my Tikka Veil Wideland using the low Talley rings. It's a perfect fit and I have been very impressed with the scope:

https://www.eurooptic.com/Vort...scope-RZR-31501.aspx

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I put DNZ game reapers on all of mine.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post