SIGforum
Beretta 1201FP trigger job: Will Benelli M1 springs work?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2730058164

October 09, 2019, 08:48 AM
RNshooter
Beretta 1201FP trigger job: Will Benelli M1 springs work?
Hey all-

I know we have a few people here who are fans of the "poor man's Benelli". Smile What can I do about that 15 lb trigger pull? It sure feels that heavy!
I typically do nothing to shotgun triggers but this one is so bad that I have a hard time keeping it on target for longer shots with slugs.

Taran Tactical makes trigger and hammer springs for the Benelli M1. Will they work?
Is there a gunsmith that I could send the trigger pack to?

Thanks,

Bruce

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RNshooter,

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken
October 10, 2019, 06:39 AM
amd6547
My 1201FP trigger is pretty light, compared to what you are describing.

If you've never had a free lunch, you are'nt trying hard enough
October 10, 2019, 09:45 AM
RNshooter
quote:
Originally posted by amd6547:
My 1201FP trigger is pretty light, compared to what you are describing.

I am truly happy for you, but unless you're trying to sell it...not the most helpful answer Wink

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken
October 10, 2019, 12:04 PM
Chowser
Did you get one of the 1201fps from garandguy?

I will have to find my trigger pull gauge and check mine. I remember it being heavier than my Benelli M1S90.

Not minority enough!
October 10, 2019, 01:05 PM
RNshooter
This one pre-dates that batch. I haven't compared the 2 but I will.
I am hoping the Benelli trigger and hammer springs interchange so I can just buy the TTI kit and be done with it.

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

October 10, 2019, 02:25 PM
RNshooter
https://www.colegun.com/contact/

I found this gunsmith that does warranty work for Beretta as well as trigger work. $125 to fix the trigger.

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

October 11, 2019, 07:34 AM
ruger357
Check with Ernest.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
October 11, 2019, 09:07 AM
RNshooter
Briley will work on it for $95 but tell me "not to expect anything great".

Ernest who? Langdon?

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

October 11, 2019, 01:26 PM
RNshooter
I am still wondering if Benelli M1/Super 90 trigger and hammer springs will fit.

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

October 12, 2019, 05:56 AM
arfmel
You might call Brownells Tech Line and ask. They’ve found answers to things of that nature for me in the past.
October 14, 2019, 08:08 PM
BB61
Have you considered the Remington Versa Maxl? I have the tactical version and it has been flawless. From what I understand, it draws heavily from the Benelli to the point that many parts are interchangeable.

Never mind, I read it wrong. I thought you were still looking.

October 15, 2019, 06:47 AM
SIGfourme
I have both Benelli M1 and Berretta 1301. Doing some modifications on my Benelli and found this site.
Maybe a call or e mail to ask their advice.
https://freedomfightertactical...ger-group-spring-kit