SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Thompson Center COPY of Ruger 10/22 T/CR22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Thompson Center COPY of Ruger 10/22 T/CR22 Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Did you all see this new apparent Ruger 10/22 copy rifle made by Thompson Center? Looks pretty nice, and might be a better quality 10/22. Comes with a new Magpul co-branded stock (never before seen stock?) Available for $299 currently.

https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/semi-automatic/t-cr22

https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...tm_campaign=061518-1

https://www.gunsamerica.com/bl...-center-tcr22-rifle/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJvNvVra-4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saVgZ05qXo0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV8eOo1WQdA

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
It's hard to re-invent the wheel.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I like the separate rear sight and rail idea - it'll be interesting to see whether it makes life easier for those who'd like to be able to choose between irons or glass.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
It's hard to re-invent the wheel.

This. There are SOOOOOO many aftermarket bells and whistles for the 10/22 that you can make the 10/22 into any variation you want. It's hard for me to get excited over a copy of a gun that's so popular and easy to modify.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
This. There are SOOOOOO many aftermarket bells and whistles for the 10/22 that you can make the 10/22 into any variation you want. It's hard for me to get excited over a copy of a gun that's so popular and easy to modify.
For once, we agree.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Well if they're going to copy someone they may as well draw their inspiration from the best of the bunch. Never mind that Ruger has a 54 year head start, S&W is certain that they are going to beat them at their own game. Besides, most any patents that Ruger may have had regarding the 10/22 have long since expired. No risk of a pesky rerun of that whole sordid Glock affair.

Well...about that Ultimate Victory part...just as long as Thompson/Center keeps the Performance Center out of the loop (today I had to send back yet another NIB PC revolver due to QC issues).

To be frank, why isn't this simply branded a S&W and be done with it? It would make a nice companion to the Victory in a way that the 15-22 could never really be.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Agree. They would sell ten times as many if they branded it as Smith & Wesson. Not a lot of people know about T/C.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I like the sights and the threaded barrel.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that a 10/22 magazine?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Is it, or is it a rework of their T/C Classic .22?

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure that's a rebadged 10/22 in a new chassis !

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Is it, or is it a rework of their T/C Classic .22?

That's what I was thinking. I have one of the Classics, and while it looks similar, it feels nothing like the Ruger. It feels more substantial, more like a full size adult rifle, if that makes sense.

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2494 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
Is that a 10/22 magazine?

"all Ruger 10/22 magazines will also work in the Thompson/Center gun. However, one key difference in the T/CR22 is that the T/C gun ships with a factory 10-round mag with last-round bolt hold-open. The use of any Ruger magazines in the T/CR22 will disable this bolt-hold benefit."

https://www.shootingillustrate...ncenter-tcr22-rifle/

And this would give you $25 on the purchase. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16186 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post