SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR-15 Side Folding Mechanisms
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR-15 Side Folding Mechanisms Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I'm intrigued by the LAW Tactical AR-15 folding stock adapter, but most are "out of stock". Does anyone have experience with them or any others?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
From my research, they seem to be the most refined and reliable solution currently available.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe they have a couple of generations out, small refinements as they progressed. I’ve played with them in stores, they lock up very well. They do add a little length to the stock, but nothing major. I wouldn’t mind grabbing a couple for my non SBR AR’s one day.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Gen3 version. Its seems well made and finished. But I have not put much stress on that particular gun so I can't say anything about the long term situation.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Ive been using the gen3 for about a year an half on 2 differnt guns, no complaints, no issues.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Rolan...I have one on a pistol build and have been satisfied with it. I will bring it with me to next weeks TMM's BoomTown Roundup if you want to look at one in person. I think I saw on the wire that the Krappy Gang will be there Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I have a LNIB, Gen 3 that I bought for a PCC project, but discovered it would not be compatible.

If you're interested, shoot me an e-mail.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Rolan...I have one on a pistol build and have been satisfied with it. I will bring it with me to next weeks TMM's BoomTown Roundup if you want to look at one in person. I think I saw on the wire that the Krappy Gang will be there Smile

Limp Along, Please save me a spot on your posse. Bea is still on the fence about shooting. She says "if the temperature is more than her mother's age, she isn't shooting". But I'll be there for sure.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I got one. It makes my 8" Barreled SBR fit in a normal sized backpack. Locks us solid and if deployed right does not add time to brining the gun to the fight.

If the gun did not fold it would not be in the backpack anyway, so with that logic, it makes the gun better as it increases the guns availability, which some people take as the measure of a tool.

They are "heavy" if you don't like heavy things. 8 ounces is a lot for the light weight rifle crowd.

My LWRC Ultra Compact Stock on the LAW tactical folder seems to say, "You complete me."

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Limp Along, Please save me a spot on your posse. Bea is still on the fence about shooting. She says "if the temperature is more than her mother's age, she isn't shooting". But I'll be there for sure.

We are on posse #4...I will write myself a note to toss the LAW folding stock equipped pistol in the RAV4.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. I went ahead and ordered one. Limpalong Charlie, I'd still like to see yours on Saturday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rolan_Kraps,

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
I have a LNIB, Gen 3 that I bought for a PCC project, but discovered it would not be compatible.

Mind sharing why it was not compatible? I have a couple PCC builds in the works.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

Mind sharing why it was not compatible? I have a couple PCC builds in the works.

First off, apologies to the OP for the side bar.

The bolt carrier extension plug that comes with the LAW TAC kit is designed to be inserted into the opening at the rear of standard open ended, 5.56/etc, bolt carriers. This extension bridges the distance from the rear of the carrier to the buffer as it passes through the side fold/hinge assembly.

Most PCC bolt carriers, ( really just a bolt since they're all one piece ) do not have the opening at the rear of the bolt body since the typical PCC is blow back and the bolt body needs the added weight/mass in it.

I suppose a gun smith/machinist could rig up a way for the LAW TAC adapter plug to attach to a PCC bolt body.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ARMT Guy,

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The LAW tactical Gen 3 adapter is good to go.

Personally I’ve had good experience with mine.

Generally, Im aware of at least one federal agency which has tested these and are using them on “bagged” long guns for VIP protection details.

The LAW folder system also has some positive benefits on functional reliability since it slightly lengthens the operational “stroke” of the “BCG” in a similar manner to the Vltor A5 receiver extension system.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I have two of the Law Tactical folders, one on a rifle and one on a pistol build. Both work great, lock up is tight. really reduces the rifle down in size. I can now fit the rifle into a tennis racket bag.

I also installed one on a buddy's pistol build. He loves it too!

Chris

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

First off, apologies to the OP for the side bar.

The bolt carrier extension plug that comes with the LAW TAC kit is designed to be inserted into the opening at the rear of standard open ended, 5.56/etc, bolt carriers. This extension bridges the distance from the rear of the carrier to the buffer as it passes through the side fold/hinge assembly.

Most PCC bolt carriers, ( really just a bolt since they're all one piece ) do not have the opening at the rear of the bolt body since the typical PCC is blow back and the bolt body needs the added weight/mass in it.

I suppose a gun smith/machinist could rig up a way for the LAW TAC adapter plug to attach to a PCC bolt body.

Thanks.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post