SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    pinned flash hider question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pinned flash hider question Login/Join 
posted
buying an upper from a fellow, its 14.5 and its pinned and welded but the flashhider looks short to me. what do you guys think?

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gambit123:
buying an upper from a fellow, its 14.5 and its pinned and welded but the flashhider looks short to me. what do you guys think?

Looks the same as mine

Posts: 325 | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to tell y the pic angle, but it does look one of the extended A2's that have come out to make the "look" correct and be still be legal.
Regular A2 will be a little short, these extended ones won't.
This picture of yours looks good to go to me.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drop a rod down the bore with bolt closed. Mark the rod at the muzzle end remove and measure rod.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It looks okay to me, but that doesn't mean anything. Measure it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like an X2 in the picture. The vents are longer than standard.

Measure it, It's the only way to sure.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Take it to the local ATF office and have them measure it for You...Wink

How's it done, close the bolt use a cleaning rod, bottom it out, mark the rod, remove and measure it.

Should be 16.1" for legal er sumpthing.!

Edit to ad, capt127 got it. Missed his thin post...!

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post