SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    EDIT: CHANGED TO A ROUND CAP --- Anyone have personal experience with the PSA Freedom uppers?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EDIT: CHANGED TO A ROUND CAP --- Anyone have personal experience with the PSA Freedom uppers? Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Yep, it looks like only the MOE SL hanguard will not work with the triangular cap.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I decided I really liked the Magpul SL handguard.

So I

- removed the flash hider
- knocked the front sight base taper pins out
- removed front sight base and gas tube
- took the triangular front cap off
- installed a round cap
- reinstalled the front sight base / gas tube
- installed new crush washer and flash hider
- installed Magpul MOE SL handguards

Took about 15 minutes.

With the Magpul furniture and the cheapo UTG 'placeholder' Mk18-style rear sight, this is still a sub-$500 rifle.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post