SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What 7" free float AR-M4 Handguards are available?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What 7" free float AR-M4 Handguards are available? Login/Join 
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted
Building another M4 type AR for my son. The upper is a BCM carbine length 14.5 w/comp, with the F front sight.
So I'm looking for a 7" front hand guard that does NOT require removal of the front sight to install the hand guard.
I have used DD 7" Omega Rail (2piece) in the past, just wondering if there are other options of a freefloat handguard.
Thx!

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Besides the omega (which I recommend) you could try a KAC RAS 2. They are becoming more scarce and require a different optic mount, but are drop in. You could also check mid west industries, IIRC they offered one at one point.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Midwest Industries has a two piece drop in free float carbine lenght handguard.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I don't have any experience with any other two piece free float 7" rails, but I do have the DD Omega and I highly recommend it. It's fairly easy to install as well.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I ended up going back to my "go-to" DD OMEGA 7", but, I noticed they have a few new versions!
The ones I've used in the past have a pic rail on all 4 sides, they now offer models with just a rail on the top and smooth sides on the other 3 sides. They have Keymod or Mlok attachment points.

So I went with the new style Keymod, should be just the ticket.

Also with all the sales, I ordered a Trijicon ACOG with the Aurora reticle, Primary Arms offers them, should be the cats azz!!

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post